12 years out the game, now back at it.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by .GaQualityGrower., May 25, 2020.

1. oh ya and one of my pineapple Express for some reason grew white mold and died before it ever turned up to the light. so I'm now at 12 total. probably going to turn the HPS on now that I have a good light meter.

2. okay so 21-day update everything is doing great for the most part I've got 12 healthy plants that are acting normal but I've got one chemdawg that is only an inch tall and has five sets of leaves right on top of each other does anybody understand or know what that is? is it going to be an elusive dwarf plant?
    ph=5.7 ppm= last week 400, this week 635, and max lux at current hight is 36,500 lux lowest lux is at 21,400 lux

Attached Files:

3. Your Ppm’s shot up..... that’s a warning, something is going on. Also I’d say nutes are a bit too strong.

4. my ppm reading is right after I mix my nutes. this week required almost one-third more of each nutrient in the reservoir compared to last week I figured that's why the PPM shot up. the first week I mix nutes it was 225ppm second week I mixed it was just over 400ppm this week it's just over 600ppm. my plants look super healthy and green I'm not seeing any kind of nutrient deficiency or burning or curling or anything there is happiest I remember plants supposed to be like I said it's been 12 years but everything looks good except for that one super ultra short.

5. useing House and Garden nutes. and this was the first week of Multi Zen

Attached Files:

6. I mix my nutes 30 gallons at a time in a 32 gallon trash can and then I pump them with a submersible pump from the reservoir into each individual bucket, each site is a stand-alone site. I don't do that multi-site b*******.

7. Sorry miss read your post, I thought over the week they shot up naturally in the tank, not you bumping them up.

8. question, so it looks like I'm have nute issues. I mixed nutes Saturday was 5.7ph and 625ish ppm. now today all my bucket are at 7.13ph and ranging from 590's - 700's ppm. wtf is going on? what do I do? clean with light bleach 13 buckets and remix nutes after cleaning res with light bleach also, rinsing very thoroughly all buckets and res.

Attached Files:

9. Sounds like some of your plants are looking for nutes and some are rejecting . If it were me I’d be labelling my buckets 1-12 and writing down ppm and ph for each daily . Then adjusting each bucket individually .

The joys of multi site hydro growing

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ok so I get how to being ppm down, add fresh RO. but I am supposed to be mixing pH down or Up in the buckets with the roots in them. seams like the acid or base would kill roots. Is this why ppl are useing multi site set up all connected on 1 res? I don't like the idea of whole crop during if something Wong. that's why I have always done individual 5-gallon sites.

11. Whatever buckets the ppm has dropped , add a little more nutes , and whichever ones creeped up , just water . There’s no problem adding ph down/up straight into buckets , it’s a drip or two at a time , so just avoid the roots .

I mix and add straight into 5gals with no issue . Try keep all close to 5.8ph and start documenting Ppms to see what’s rising and what’s falling . It will help the cause ,

Best of luck

12. Hey bud welcome back after 12 years. One of the big scientific discoveries since legalization is that Flushing is a myth. Plants who were flushed were actually less dense the non flushed. Flushing was something agreed upon with absolutely no research put into it just opinion.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. ok so instead of dumping all 13 buckets and mixing new nutes I'll try to PH down. will let y'all know how it goes.

14. also I keep seeing ppl talk about CalMag. what's the deal, is it something I might need? again using full House and Garden nutes, Aqua flakes, only not useing top booster or shooting powder, will use Humboldt's own nutrients gravity, ultra snow storm.

15. Yep bring em all down close to 5.8 , there’s no way I’d be running at 600ppm that early either .

Maybe lower that a bit too. then start documenting ! Need to know what’s rising and falling .

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I’ve never bought cal mag in my life , but I’ve also never used RO water .nutrient companies that don’t have cal mag in their lineup will have enough in their base nutrients.

Proper feeding and ph should keep
    Any signs away

17. ok so PHed all 13 buckets back to 5.7ish. Ppm is between 570- 615. so will see what happens over next 24 hours and then decide if I want to lower the ppm.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ok so I don't know if this is from the PH being off for longer then it should, or is this nute burn, or is it normal for the really large leaves to die off and everything is fine.. I don't think so but not completely sure, most plants look good and happy, just these 2 look bad.

Attached Files:

19. I would pick up a cal mag supplement. Since you are using ro water which takes out all nutrients including cal and mag, you need to add it back. I use cal mag plus by botanicare. I also ran the h and g line, I thought it was awesome, I am able to go almost a month before each res swap.

20. is this lack of cal + mag?

Attached Files: