12 years out the game, now back at it.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by .GaQualityGrower., May 25, 2020.

1. so 12 to 15 years ago I grew indoors in California. now I live in Southeast Georgia I'm finally starting to grow again. I'm starting a new grow. I'm using a 100 inch by 100 inch room, 10000 BTU in room AC unit, 1000w HPS, 2000w LED on a light mover, AC infinity turbo fan 650 CFM, Gro Hydro 6" carbon filter, hydrofarm CO2 regulator w/a 25ft rain system and a 25 lb tank, 5 stage reverse osmosis water system, and a 50watt 1110gph air pump for 12 DWC buckets. I'll be using House and garden nutrients, supplemented with Humboldt's own nutrients. Basically I want to start this post to involve other ppl so if I have any issues I can ask and we can watch these 12 beautiful ladys grow together. This grow is 6 strains, 2 of each strain. I ordered all feminized seeds from growers choice seeds online (amazing company, even during Corona only took 29 days to get them) The strains are Bruce Banner, Chemdog #4, Trainwreck, Pineapple Express, Sour Diesel (my fav to grow), and Super Silver Haze (my all time fav Bud ever). I have about $3800 invested so far. I started germination yesterday. So here are some pics of my setup.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. So I have a question for everyone. I use to veg 24/0 and then on that special day change straight to 12/12. now I felt that by doing that it helped get as much growth as possible as quickly as possible and by doing it that way the plant would go into bloom even quicker once I switch to 12/12. Anyone got any input?

3. Looking good... I prefer to do 18/6, as i reckon the difference is 0 or minimal and i like to keep it more natural + save electricity... not an expert

• Like Like x 1
  4. I like to try to use DLI (Daily Light Integral) to give my plants a more... outdoorsy light schedule. DLI is the number of photons that fall on a given area every second. Trying to get as close to a prime growing area’s environment. Like SoCal, or SE ASIA. Just more numbers really.

So for me, running at 24/0 during veg disrupts that. 1. Going into flower plants need more light. 2. But when we go to flower we are decreasing the number of hours of light and DLI our plants get and consequently providing our plants with less light than was available during veg. And that’s going in the wrong direction. Because again, you want to add more light going into flower. We can lower our lights but that only does so much. Often you’ll see you are still at a lower value than when you were vegging. So I adhere to an 18/6 schedule so that I may be able to provide a DLI increase when I switch to 12/12.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Chiba... thank you for that. I never thought about it that way. so I guess I'm going to do my first 18/6 veg. it makes total sense.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice seed stash bro.

Ive grown there SSH a few seasons now and it always gets so big and luscious. You won’t be disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ok so here's another thought. so during veg I should leave the lights high to help with the increase during bloom by lowering them closer to the plants?

8. I also got Girl Scout Cookies, Purple Haze, Green Crack, and Blueberry Kush also. I ordered 10 strains 3 seeds of each strain because I like a lot of variety and I was making one big purchase so I would have enough to do 2 runs. the few extras that I have of each strain I will plant the best out of the 10 outdoors next year to see what I can really get.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well, I would use light meter if you have one. I also heard some youtube "pro-grower" dash constantly peoples setups cus the light was too close according to him... Increasing light at flower makes sense and this chart is helpful So at start i'd keep them in the lower optimal zone and let them grow in to the light rather than being too close to avoid too much light or what im more worried about is the heat from HPS.

*edit tho you shouldnt have much issue seeing youre running sealed/cooltubed HPS.

as for leds, that's where the light meter would esp become handy.

Attached Files:

10. ya this is the first time I've actually used a cooling system on my HPS back in the day I would just leave them wide open and use the AC on Max to try to deal with it that AC infinity turbo fan it keeps that raptor Hood cool to the touch including the glass right underneath up all of it is insane. But your right I need to get a light meter.

11. Subbed up ! Looking forward to seeing green in there .

Looks like it’s not a recirculated system? Might be tough going managing all those sites when things kick off without one ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. ok what are referring to about non-recirculating. my buckets or my air setup? I have watched ppl lose all plants with all buckets connected together with 1 res tank. I do the extra work 1 bucket at a time, that way if I have any probs with any one plant I only be losing that 1 not whole crop.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Yeah referring to the nutrient solution . As long as you have the time to manage them all why not . 5 is nearly a struggle for me .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. Looks good mate. Need to fill the net pots right up though. If any light gets into the buckets youre screwed. Doesnt take long to get root rot and it kills em pretty quickly.
    On the subject, also make sure youve got bennies or a steriliser in their too. Dancing with the devil otherwise. Root rot is the one big danger with this stuff so you gotta be careful to avoid it.

15. I only have the hydrotron to that level cuz I will put the rockwool cubes with rooted seeds then cover to top. I have delt with root rot b4. what are "Bennie's" and or what type of sterilization? I'm very very clean in my room, buckets, and res tank. useing clean fresh RO water.

16. Bennies refers to beneficial bacteria like hydro guard, GFF, orca, etc..... they are strains of bacteria that promote root growth and eat algae or bad bacteria that WILL build up in your system...... sterile res means your adding bleach, pool shock, etc.... to your res to maintain no bacteria growth........ bennies is IMO the best way to keep a res good.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ok lady's and gents we have baby's popping up. only 8 of the 12 so far, Bruce Banner and Pineapple Express don't seem to have popped. But it has only been 42 hours since I put them in the rockwool cubes. Growers Choice Seeds is the shit so far. Will update as often as I can. we will see this amazing-ness happen together.

Attached Files:

18. ok so I will be useing H&G nuits. Do these cover the beneficial bacteria you're talking about?

Attached Files:

19. No idea and more than likely no..... I use MC by green leaf and most nute lines do not have bennies in the base mix

20. I still have to source my beneficials