12 years out the game, now back at it.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by .GaQualityGrower., May 25, 2020.

1. #21 .GaQualityGrower., May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    so with some research I found something from H&G I wasn't aware of, it's called Rihzo Force. But it looks like it's for everything but DWC.

Attached Files:

2. Welcome back! Check your local and surrounding area's Marketplace. I know a lot of gear is out dated, but all the cool stuff we wanted back then is ridiculously cheap now. I purchased a Big Kahuna reflector the other day for $40+$15 in Gas.

This video was a game changer for me. You want results..Follow BigDans advice.

Nutrients- GH Nova series with all the fixings. Outer-space and North Poll Proven.

3. Should be it

4. ok so still only 8 of 12 as of day 5. kinda sad cuz both Bruce Banner and 1 Pineapple Express didn't pop. last ditch effort to get them to pop if not by 3pm today I'm going to try and pop all 3 of my Purple Haze. Just sucks cuz I don't want 3 of my 12 to be a week behind.

Attached Files:

5. I wanna hear you say that again come curing and trimming time........:love-m3j:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ya that's going to be fun and interesting to figure out how I'm going to keep separated correctly. but I don't want 3 short plants or 8 way to big. I only have the 1 room. hoping to build a veg room beside this room so I can do a perpetual grow. But need to see how successful this run goes due to the fact that I haven't done any of this in over 12 years..... got to be like riding a bicycle I feel it in my bones

7. It must be like riding a bike cause you set up a nice grow. I’m thinking of switching to dwc so I’ll be following. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. so hopefully in 3 hours I'll go see if I have any luck with these 3. I couldn't give up on the Bruce Banner and Pineapple Express, so I put down the last one of both of them and 1 Purple Haze. wish us luck.

9. also I'm thinking at end I know I will have a bunch of variety and I'm going to plan on holding on to it until the next harvest, so usually people would just put it in glass jars and I know that that works great and that's how I'll cure him but for long-term storage I don't think last jars are going to work so I've been doing some research has anybody heard of these stash bottles..
    Herb Guard - Airtight Container and Smell Proof Stash Jar Comes with Humidity Pack to Keep Contents Fresh for Months

Attached Files:

10. I first started growing I was growing in soil and then I got very interested in soilless mixes and did very well with botanicare soilless then I got in grasscity forums you can actually look me up Dragon5674 that's to my old account when I lived in California but I came on here to get help with spider mites and a gentleman out of the Caribbean turned me on to deep water culture and he took me under his wing explain it all to me and I'll never do it any other way quality is top-of-the-line and quantity like you have never seen before.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yea I’m growing in coco now, I wanna get a few more grows under my belt and then I’ll start getting materials together. Right now I have a 4by4 tent and a 4by4 closet. I wanna build a room before I switch. What I have in mind would be 8by12 and I’d still use the tent for veg. Or put a wall in the center and split the 8by12 and use the tent for a mother.

12. #32 .GaQualityGrower., Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    ok ppl it's been 7 days since I turned the LED on, and a few things happened. First I put down 12 seeds as discussed and only 9 popped, well so I thought. I put down 3 more(the 1 added strain now is Purple Kush). They popped and I looked back at the first 3 failed seeds and 2 of them popped too. So now from 12 to 14 plants total, I have to put the last 2 in the room under light tomorrow. I now have 2 Bruce Banner, 3 Pineapple Express, 2 Sour Diesel, 2 Super Silver Haze, 2 Trainwreck, 2 Chemdog #4, and 1 Purple Haze. Pics available, still don't have roots in water yet but their growing nicely.

Attached Files:

13. ok so never done seeds before. how long does it take for them to establish roots and start going for the water? I'm at 13 days now? I always went to dispensary and bought clones.

14. Can you even see any roots yet? Fair amount of hydroton to work through. Are you hand watering from top? . Gotta keep it wet while roots establish . Around the starter cube though to draw the roots out .

I’d like to think the bottom of the netpot is moist from bursting bubbles a couple of inches below it?

Also you might want to move lights closer or introduce something stronger . They’re reaching for the clouds , one is already over .

Best of luck! Give them attention and patience and you’ll be golden

15. yes hand watering 2 to 3 times daily. no roots out of net pots yet. will lower light tomorrow to about 30 to 32 inches currently at about 50 inch's above, didn't want to fry them before they got going and didn't think turning ng on the HPS yet was worth the elec cost. I am moving on there pace. it's just completely different I'm use to 18-20 days veg and there 32" tall and about 30" wide going into bloom. this looks like ingoing to be in veg for 4 or 5 weeks.

16. It’ll happen as long as you’re doing your bit , they look pretty happy other than stretching .

What ppm/ec and ph have you started with ?

17. 225ppm and 5.7-5.8 with R.O. water, useing House and Garden nuits.

18. Sounds pretty decent . Give it time , once they get going there’s no waiting around

19. First off, I’ll never do clones again unless they are 100% mine or they were cloned and dropped into some sort of DWC system.....

As for roots coming out of your net pot, STOP TOP WATERING!!!!! Once they are large enough to go in a net pot, fill the bucket til there is a 1” gap between it and the water without the air pump running...... let the bubbles splash the hydro tone in the net pot and let the roots go chasing it........ literally under 5 days from rapid rooter to bottom of net pot.... meaning as soon as I see the main root poking out of the rapid rooter, and I put it in a net pot..... 5 days latter roots are coming out of the net pot......

20. stopped top feed this morning, as roots on most in water. finally. I rushed my seeds from sprout to net pot. I did not use prop or anything, straight out vile to rockwool cube to 4days later to net pots. Now at 14 days of being in 18-6 I have roots in water. lowered light and there blowing up. Time to do my first bucket and nuit change.

Attached Files: