12/12 Light for vegetative?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by icylm, Feb 15, 2011.

1. So basically I have 2 plants in there right now with my other plants that are flowering. Is this okay for them. They look okay and are growing. Maybe a little sparse in leaves and growing somewhat slow. Will it make them hermies? :eek:

2. Youll just start them flowering too.

3. i dont see this working, but im intrigued to know how it works out.

i am about to plant some seeds outside next week, and there is only about 12 hrs of daylight

4. how tall are the two new plants? Seems like you will throw them right in flower. . You dont wanna start them too early

5. No, having a plant under 12/12 lighting doesn't cause a plant to hermie, it causes a plant to flower. Cannabis relies on photoperiod to know when it is supposed to start flowering. You can't veg under 12/12, you will merely trigger flowering.

6. I hear a lot of people say that. Jorge Cervantes says in the Grower's Bible that 12/12 before the development of pre-flowers will stress the plant and might cause hermaphrodites.

Was his info found to be wrong? And do you have sources I can take a look at?

7. I believe the grow bible says it could happen, but the chances of it actually happening are very slim and it would most likely only happen if it's under some additional stress.

If that were the case micro grows wouldn't really be able to exist. I've seen tons of people flower before preflowers (myself included) without any ill effects.

8. I see. Thanks.

9. Jorge Cervantes seems to be contradiction after contradiction. He does have some good info about some things but people act like he is gods gift to cannabis. He is hardly that.
    Jorge Cervantes is a SELF PROCLAIMED world-renowned expert on indoor, outdoor, and greenhouse cannabis cultivation.