12-12 Grow! (Solo Cup Grow)

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by YngMacc, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Planted: Oct 9th 2018
    Planed Harvest: Jan -th 2019
    Pots: Solo Cups
    Lights: 2 60w CFL, 150w LED
    Light cycle: 12-12
    Nutritions: 0
    Water PH: 6.5

- Switched light cycle to 12-12 after 2 days of 24 hour.
    - Added soil to make steams sturdier.
    - added Fan to strengthen steams.

I’ll include updates every week or soon, I’m bored and trying to experiment by pushing the limits of cannabis, any feedback is strongly appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. Plant won’t start flowering till they reach maturity (shown by alternating nodes) so it’s kinda pointless to have them under 12/12 this early.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. You would have been better off using a soilless medium instead of soil for this experiment. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Won’t 13 weeks be fine though?
    It would still fully mature in that time span of three weeks then flowering.

5. I’m a die hard for soil based mediums, thank yoou.

6. Im doing the same exact thing right now bud.. but im going to let veg for 2 weeks so itll get some foilage going good.. then flip.. thstll be the 2 week stretch.. then start flowering at about 30-35 days.. just like an auto bro
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Germinating & planting to test soil

• Like Like x 1
  7. You will lose valuable veg time, about half. If you vegged until alternating node showed, then flowered, your plants would be so much bigger. The soilless medium would also help speed up veg for max potential. Good luck man

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not sure who that was for S2C but ifbit was for me plz elaborate

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. It was for whoever wants to flower before maturity. It’s like making a baby when your 2, it doesn’t happen. From seed, cannabis grows with even nodes. Once mature, nodes start to alternate, that’s a sign they can be flowered. So by going 12/12 for at least 20 days before maturity, you’re losing half the lights on time that could be used to grow, with no benefit, thus dramatically decreasing and already low yield.

If you want to flower in solo cups, cut clones, root them, then flip since they are sexually mature from moms genetics.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Since noone has an exact time frame.. & i myself is not sure exactly when theyll be ready for flower but being that i have so many seeds im going to force these at 2 weeks old 14 days.. ill be paying close attention to them, doing it different next run if need be.. but one things for sure, imma gett it right..
    Maybe wait 21 days 3 weeks next run and hit the switch giving pistols at about 35-40 days is still good.. some autos dont flower till that time also

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alright sweet! Thanks for the feedback and good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Update video of transplant: enjoy, thanks for watching
    This is when you move too fast & dont have the right shit intime.. & u have to mcgyver someshit..

Here it goes

• Like Like x 1
  13. You can’t force an immature plant to start flowering, it just won’t happen, no matter what kind of light schedule you put them under.
    IME it takes AT LEAST 6 weeks (or more) for sexual maturity and only after they reach that point will they be able to respond to 12/12 light cycle and go into flower mode.

14. Me too, the problem is that with soil volume has a direct correlation to how much nutrients can be available to the plant, in tiny solo cup the plant will starve unless you supplement (or transplant to larger pots)

15. Im going to have to disagree on this one.. putting a plant under 12/12 cycle will flower it in about 2 1/2 weeks just as running a photo 12/12 from seed, its gone give u pistols at around day 30-35..

& i say a month bcuz of the 2 week stretch.. sob2 1/2 weeks then flip the switch in about 10-14 days youll be flowering. Way b-4 6 weeks comes along..

Maturity is at about 4-5 nodes on..

You can harvest in 12 weeks from seed if you get her to show pistols at week 4 from seed..

Im bout to do it now & keep you updated..

Im running these 3 photos like autos forceing them to flower at about day 30-35

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I agree with everything you said there except the 6 weeks part. If you have the lights on 12/12 they will start flowering at 3 weeks from germination

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. The current plants are maturing slowly but they’re still doing the job.
    I’m on my second pair of leaves now just peeking out slowly, do you think I can top at the third node? Like once it’s grown out a bit?

18. Yeah I don't see why not

• Like Like x 1
  19. I’ll be following and would be happy to be proven wrong and learn something g new.

• Like Like x 3