12/12 from the start?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by th3dop3, May 8, 2009.

1. I currently have two plants that im going to put into 12/12 soon. The problem is that i have several seeds that are close to sprouting and idk how it will affect them to be on a 12/12 schedule from the very start. Ive only got one grow area to have them in and having them outside isnt an option as we have very bitchy neighbors.

The next time i grow, if i do start out from the very beginning on a 12/12 schedule, does this mean that they will only have the flowering time to mature?

So theoretically, the plant could be mature in 50 days as opposed to maybe twice that long?

My time estimates are probably way off as i have no idea how long it takes for a plant to completely finish budding/flowering.

Will it harm the seedlings to have them on that cycle from the start? Any advice or help on this is appreciated as this is my first grow.

2. If you add the seedlings to your vegg'ed plant your canopy will be uneven and suffer or can you add lighting to them,,as for 12/12 from experience i can tell u its not worth it the plant still has to go through it's life cycle,,you might save 2wks but your yeild will suffer,i tried it for 1 thing i'am an impatient guy as u can see:smoke:

Attached Files:

3. I figured id just roll with it and see what happens. Ive got 30 good bagseeds and ive got a tray with about 20 plants germinating so ive got plenty of plants in my future. The worst that can happen is i get a small yield this time around but i get to have some fun experimenting!

4. It sounds like you have a large area, at least you need one with that number of plants. Why not try sectioning off a small 24/0 area inside of your grow area? You could do a small CFL setup or something along those lines, veg for 3 weeks and then just tear down the small veg area and let them go 12/12. They are less likely to stress with even just a short veg stage.

-C

5. Thanks for the advice.

6. I had this same question and had a realization after being provided with the link below. If you were to grow outside that would be much closer to 12/12 than 24/0. In theory you probably won't yield as much as you would under the 24/0 cycle because you are creating more bud sites. But nevertheless you will get a respectable crop.

check out this link

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

7. Just what i was thinking. Thanks a lot for the link.