12/12 from the start?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by doityourselfer, Feb 25, 2012.

1. I have been hearing a lot about growing plants 12 on 12 off from the start. What kind of plant can I expect? I picture a plant with few branches and short. Should I try one, the timing is right.

2. Depends on the strain really...some do way better than others with 12/12 from seed.

The plant will stay small and typically only have one decent sized cola.

It's best done with a bunch of plants to make up for the smaller yield.

If you only have one plant, i'd recommend at least a 30 day veg period.

3. Ok the strain is a huge factor.. strechier strains do better....

also 12/12 from seed is not nessasary...you go 20/4 for 21 days then switch to 12/12. they will show sex around day 30. but have the bienifit of the extra light.

12/12 from seed they will show sex around day 30....so take the extra light.:D

I speak from expierience.:wave:

4. Going 12/12 from the start (assuming you mean from seed) sounds very...not good to me. The cannabis plant is a short day/long night plant, meaning that when the nights are longer than 12 hours (or 12), it blossoms.

But in order to bear the soon to be heavy buds, it's stem should be much stronger than what it initially is.

The plant may also develop hermaphroditism due to the stress.

However, if you start 12/12 right off the bat while using clones, you can expect a better result, as the clone inherits the age from the motherplant.

5. I would never do 12/12. It just doesn't make sense. It doesn't happen in nature, so why do it. The plant needs light, and lots of it.

6. here are some pic of my 12/12 from seed babies

Attached Files:

7. What stage r they in?

8. The blue mystic that i lst`d like a spider shape was about 2 weeks from harvest when i took that pic

The other blue mystics were only a couple weeks in flower on 12/12 from seed

i cant tell you exact days cuz i dont count my days

I just wait for the trichomes to start frosting then ill start using the scope and harvest when the trics are to my liking

those are long done and smoked up now , by a few weeks

but straight 12/12 from seed

9. By entirely skipping the vegetable state, have you never experienced any side effects? Stressed plants, low yields etc. etc?

As far as I understand, the plants will be very small (as yours are), with smaller buds. How long did you grow before you harvested them?

Fascinating! :)

- Serenity

10. Sure its less weight since your cutting the veg time out , but other then that 12/12 from seed is a great way to grow imo

my plants look small because i lst them to keep them short , they would be a lot taller if i had not

without lst they grow pretty much straight up almost pole like and some can get over 3ft tall

here are just a couple other pics of 12/12 from seed

Attached Files:

11. Interesting. What strains are those?

12. Those are not mine ,

they are from another 12/12 from seed grower that i know from the site i came from

i believe some are grapefruit

i would post a link to his thread but idk if the mods here would like that or not

13. Gotcha, that's fine. Just curious. Those plants look really good for skipping the veg stage. I would guess strong sativa genetics from the height.

14. Im trying that right now there are some pics in my signature...journal is really not the focus of that.

Heres my take all I have done is stunted some plants. Went 12/12 from seed on two plants in 1 gallon airpots. Paradise Seeds Acid and Nebula. The things took 25 days to show sex anyhow..all cannabis does just about give or take some days. Unless space is a premium for you which for myself is not all you'll do is stunt growth basically. Ive saved no time as it took almost a month to go into flowering and flowering will take the same amount of time.

All in all wish I hadnt and grown them to much bigger size in veg.