12/12 from start

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Beanstalks, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Do I count from the moment it sprouts from seed or when I see buds forming as the beginning of flowering going 12/12 from the start?

2. When you start to see buds

3. Appreciate it.

4. At the first sign of pistils. It takes 3 to 4 weeks for the plant to become sexually mature. In most cases people who do 12/12 from seed are better off with auto flowerers because they are quicker to finish and you can run the lights at 24/0 so you get a lot more growth

• Like Like x 1
  5. I would go auto if not for the ruderallis, or however you spell it, gene. Decided against it after much research. Thanks for the advice!

6. Because.

7. That's what causes them to not need the photoperiod trigger. The potency and yield genes come from indica and sativa

• Like Like x 2
  8. Very unlikely you'll encounter anything pure in this day and age; however from my anonymous bagseed stash I find an unending variety of silhouettes and sizes emerging from the dirt. Going 12/12 from seed is less productive but with a sea of green, one can approximate the yield of a much more time consuming effort that includes a veg period; three months for the short hours vs five to seven for the long.

9. What is wrong with the "Ruderallis" if you don't mind me asking?

10. Rudi is a very low potency variant that maintains a very short stature and short lifespan; used by breeders to usher in the auto side of the equation if my impressions are correct.

• Like Like x 1
  11. i dont get it why would one grow an auto indoors, when flowering can be triggered at anytime, sillyness and i would never spend money on auto seeds.. the potency is hurt, and the formation of buds are much looser and all,

12. cant really get an acurate time when you do that, thats why vegging them a few weeks til their mature then throwing them into 12/12 is what sea of green is all about. hope this helps.

13. #14 GoldGrower, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    If you don't get it, why not just ask? That's sillyness .
    Potency is not effected. That's not how genes work. Come on man, Mendel worked that out back in 1866.
    Bud is not loser at all. I've never even heard anyone ever say that before. No one who's grown autos would say that. It's simply not true and all you need to do is grow some autos to see that

• Like Like x 2
  14. gold I'm glad you replied this almost made me not want to do autos!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Autos are great man, I usually have a few growing in my veg tent soaking up some free light that would have otherwised be wasted. I'm just in the middle of harvesting some right now

16. is it true they begin to flower when the roots touch the bottom of the container? or is that a myth

17. I love autos to. They don't need a special light to finish. I have a MH light and I can run it 24/0 through out it's life

18. I have only ever heard one person ever say this, and he said a load of other nonsense too lol. It's definitely not true as the tap root will hit the deepest of pots in just a few days and flowering always starts between 3-5 weeks for me. If it were true then growing autos outside wouldn't work lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. Now that idea I do like. A lot.

• Like Like x 1