12/12 from seed, how long?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by growprodigy, Sep 1, 2013.

1. What up blades, I just started this plant about 3 weeks ago. I was wondering how long it will take to start flowering? This is my first time going 12/12 from seed.

Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I usually see first flowers at around the sixth node.

3. It took me 30 days after sprout until I could tell the sex of the plant for me when I did 12/12 from seed.

4. I vegged my plant for a little over 2 weeks and then switched to flower. It's 31 days old and 14 days into flower, she just started showing pistils 2 days ago. The top cola is starting to form and it looks awesome, I can't wait to see how it turns out

5. Usually depends on a few factors. Genetics, food and light are all variables that can affect timeline.

6. #6 janemba, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013
    from seed, the minimum time i wait is 2 months or 2ft to start 12/12. once in flowering depending on genetics you can start seeing flowers 1-2 weeks.

curious, did you start the seed under 12/12, or are you asking when to switch to 12/12

the plant may get acclimated to the 12/12 schedule right off the get go, and will go on thinking this is the normal light period.
    this will be debated, but the plants flowering cycle is triggered but a consistent photo period change. not so much from the 12/12 cycle.
    example. i had some plants that grew up under 24hrs of light a day for approx 3 months. then i changed the veg time from 18/6 just for shits and giggles. what happend was the change in photo period triggered flowering. so i quickly turned it back to the 24 schedule.

so if you started the seed on the 12/12 schedule, it will not flower until you change the photo period 

7. I started 12/12 from seed. Im wondering when it will start flowering. If that were true wouldn't it not start flowering until the plant finally decides it has to start flowering?

8. #8 janemba, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013
    i dont think the plant will flower on its own if it has only been in a 12/12 cycle. you are going to have to change the schedule.
    it would be interesting to see what would happen if you continued the 12/12 light cycle. but most likely it will continue to stay in vegetative growth.
    this is my opinion, someone else may no for sure

9. Plenty of people have grown 12/12 from seed man, myself included. Flowering happens when there's 12 hours of darkness or more. In your case going from 24/0 to 18/6 all of the sudden 6 hours of darkness was enough to kick it into flower. Happens quite a bit when people go from vegging 24/0 inside then jumping right outside at 15/9 instead of cutting the hours back over a couple weeks.
    The plant will flower once its mature enough. Been proven plenty of times.

10. i dont know how to say it simply enough.

The plant will veg in a 12/12 cycle directly from sprout. it takes about 30 days to see pistils. it will grow to about 2-3 ft and give you over a ounce a plant in hydro. I have done it and there is no science to it.

11. Thanks for clearing this up

12. good to know

13. Currently doing a 12/12 from seed grow... Took a little under a month (around 28 days) until pistils popped up. Plant is around a foot and a half tall at 35 days with budsites popping up everyday.

14. I have a bag seed I started 31 days ago 12/12 from seed, she showed female around the 23rd day, she is 6" tall. I'm using 150w hps with 120w cfl side lighting. The main cola is already 1.5"s of that 6". She has 6 other bud sights. I plan on 70 to 90 days of growing from seed, depends on tricome ripeness.

15. Hi guys!
    Awesome to see so many people give the 12/12 direct from seed method a try!
    It is a wonderful method for easy growing. However, there are still a few things that growers do wrong when growing 12/12 from seed.
    With this method the first few weeks as well as the germination stage are crucial to get a decent yield. It is important to germinate directly in the soil and to use a medium to large volume container. There have been yield results up to 100g / 4 ounces in a 11l container. Some tips on the 12/12 method: hgcacademy.com/node/10

It is a very beneficial method when setting up a perpetual growing system. I'd recommend it to all home-growers! Resist the temptation to veg under 18 hrs of light, even for one day!
    Grtz!

16. About 4 - 5 weeks 12d from seed

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Inaccurate info...

18. Why would anyone waste time doing this. I mean c'mon who wants to waste 75-80 days to produce about 1/8 of an oz after its dry!

19. I am starting a micro grow from seeds now and then in April i should be getting 6 clones and i plan on leaving one out of my grow.box and just letting het hang out in my house were the lights are on most of the time and not that strong so she shouldn't flower and i am going to use her as a mom and start micro growing cuttings from her to push out an oz every 3-4 weeks by micro growing 6-8 cuttings and with that logic i should be enough for personal use and a nice hobby and a nice mom around

20. Does this sound right i talked to the woman at masscuts and she said the cuttings will flower in 2 weeks and bud in 3 and be ready in 4-5 if flowered correctly .so i am figureing if thats the case the statement above should work?