12/12 from seed CFL perpetual grow journal

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Thisonetimeigothigh, Sep 6, 2013.

1. After being retired from growing for almost 4 years, Recent events have forced me from the distribution industry, (SWIM robbed my dealer for 14 ounces) and well I've decided to fire up my boxes with vengeance! Although i've never actually flowered under cfls, I recently sold my HID to pay for my smoking habbit when i wasn't growing. Im regretting it.... In the mean time i have a 2"x3"x4" Rubber maid tote, rigged with a bathroom lighting fixture, and 3 free hanging desk lamps, all running 42 watt 27k cfls. Im growing in homemade mulch/sandy lome mixture, and growing strickly organic. I have 2 clones in a separate veg box, 10th Planet kush under 65k's, that i plan on cloning every other week until my first harvest. Im growing in old half gallon milk jugs. I've rigged up a fairly ingenius(i think so atleast) out of the box rig to hold ungodly large intake fan with 0 light or air leaks. I run the box less than 3 feet from my bed and its dark as jesus's hair. Im planning on flowering in 5 plant cycles, although i have 13 in there right now because i started from seed. Basically, Im looking for advise, maybe tips on shit im doing wrong, or forgot to atend to. I have next to no experience with cfls. All bulbs are within 3 inches max of plant colas, Since it's a 12/12 i hope they wont out grow my box, as my largest are already 7" on day 10.  Ill update with pictures weekly. Today is day 10, ill try to get some pics on here tonight.  

2. 7 inches on day 10 is cause for concern, is that still holding up the first set of leaves? You have the experience but perhaps you'll find yourself doing LST with no choice

3. Can't wait to see some pics

4. I jus asked a question else where about 12/12 from seed maybe u can help. Would 12/12 from seed be ready to harvest as quick as a auto and if so would it yield more the same or less as a auto?

Sent from my Desire HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I think the yeld will be less because the plant was never allowed to reach sexual maturity, even in S.O.G. your using clones that have been taken from a sexual mature plant that is displaying preflowers. So I would think that growing this way would cause stress from the start. having said that, go for it, she's one of the most resilent plants I know so maybe it will work. Can't wait to see!

The yield may be less but you get to harvest much quicker.  It sounds like this grower is going to have a small factory of clones getting churned out from a mother in veg and then put under 12/12.  They stay they for 8 weeks, maybe less maybe more?  You could imagine that every two weeks after that, there's a small harvest of clones that have recently matured.  Like you said, this plant is very resilient!  It's interesting to think about growing strategies on longer time scales than just a single plant growing to maturity.

7. Because I neglected to use the quote option it seems you thought my response was directed at the orignal poster when I ment it for Kashkr0p. Kashkr0p clearly states the intent to run a 12/12 from seed operation. I am sorry for any confusion. 

8. still waiting on pics from orginal poster as well.

9. From seed, It'd be ready in about 10 weeks or so in my guestimation, depending on many different things! Although  I've heard of auto flowers going in 6-8 on 24/0

10. #10 Thisonetimeigothigh, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
    I FORGOT TO MENTION. UNTIL MY CLONES THAT I'VE CUT ARE VIABLE TO BE MOTHER PLANTS, THE FIRST 3 CYCLES OF THIS BOX ARE FROM SEED!!!!

Uploading pics of the flower box now, Please be kind as this is an EXTREMELY LOW BUDGET grow. :( If i had the money for proper equipment i'd pay my guy back :p I'll update once a week this is my first journal. Looks like a got a decent mix of phenos, Im growing from a north eastern out door land race and they tend to finish / grow fairly quick. As to LST, I began to tie them down already, although im debating letting them come straight up. I also have a scrog screen i could use if absolutely necessary i just like to keep the younger plants as close as possible., any adivse appreciated! Toke on.... ps waiting on a precooler from GC when i get it, i'll upload some smoking equipment pics too! :)

11. The largest one im starting to think just on odds is a male, but this is from day 14 on the larger 5, and day 7 on the smaller ones! Any opinions would be appreciated! Distance from lights, im using a saftey blanket and foil (tisk tisk tisk i know) Thanks! Have more pics in a week, hopefully sexing this first run will be kind to me! 20130910_043908.jpeg

Attached Files:

12. I've also taken several more clones in my cardboard veg box from flowering outdoor plants. Im hoping i can find a good pheno to clone from, Their all 5-10 days past growing roots, and are starting to grow rapidly under the blue lights. I've noticed the node growth distance is DRAMATICALLY different. Thinking about adding blues...

13. Im hoping i dont have to use my scrog screen, but i will if i must! The whole goal of this is to get a constant cycle of 18 inch fully budded ladies, and anything over that is gonna have to be trained or trimmed!

14. #14 Thisonetimeigothigh, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
    See i understand thisTo me, My biggest problem indoor has always been the cycle between harvests, that' 4-6 weeks were you barely got plant matter in the box and your blowing energy, I've basically thought of doing this years ago on my 400s, but my space didnt allow for 2 seperate rooms. I figure trying it on the micro scale first will allow me to work out the kinks and stuff. My ultimate goal is To never be more than 2 weeks away from a harvest, because i am a heavy heavy heavy medical smoker, and if i have something pretty to look forward too twice a month, i wont blow thousands of dollars to shady people for my medicine. Even if i only pull and oz or 2 total off of 4 plants at a time every 2 weeks, thats a qp a month, or 1200-1600 i dont have to spend. And if i get it down to an art, I'll move to colorado and set up 4 of each :) 

15. Started LST these past 3 days, ill have pics up in 2 more days, 4 plants showing flowers. This is gonna be a fast cycle!

16. Keep the grow up. I've always liked the idea behind the 12/12 from seed perpetual grow.

17. What's your method of cloning? Cloner, dome, water, etc....

18. Do they ever have enough of a site to clone? I guess a bushy mother would be a choice I like. But need a seperate box too so...