12/12 experiment

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by SC4R3CR0W, May 28, 2020.

1. This my second attempt. My first was bust and turned out male. Now to try experimenting with starting on 12/12 from day one. Really just trying to see what this seed will turn into asap while get the ability to get legitimate seeds with more knowledge of the genetics. Since this is one of 3 bag seeds I figured it couldn’t hurt. Anyways before people start bashing 12/12 and start trying to tell me about how I’m wasting time, I’ve done research and I know not to expect high yields. So if you read all that hope to have you follow along and hang with me while I try to pull this off.

Now let’s see some pics..... IMG_0542.JPG IMG_0543.JPG

Planted 5/15/20

Broke ground 5/21/20

How she looking for 7days?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 old shol4evr, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lights are 6-8” away. Should I get closer than that?

4. #4 old shol4evr, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 2
  5. Well then I must ask.......WHAT is your light source??

• Like Like x 2
  6. I was thinking of doing the same with a bunch of bag seeds I’ve collected over the years. Subbed!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Your better off running the light 18/6 or 20/4 for the first three to four weeks and then 12/12. Only reason being its not gonna magically sexually mature after 2 weeks of life and the longer light cycle will keep it growing. Also if it ends up female take a clone before it gets into flowering flowering.

8. Yo I see ur temp is 81°f is that cool or is it to high.. I have the same device

Sent from my SM-A205U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. It’s the highest it gets. You really want temps 70-75 but 80 isn’t terrible. I use a IR thermometer and check plant directly. Which at the time of the photo is 73.5F.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 SC4R3CR0W, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Like I stated in my original post I did my research and I know it’d probably be better to do a lot of things differently. But as I said it’s an experiment for myself. Nothing amazing is expected.

11. Thanks. I appreciate it. You should if your just wanting something to do. I just am basically killing time with this and seeing how does it really affect its life cycle. I can read a 1000 articles on 12/12 but I wanna know firsthand.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I’m using (3) 2700k bulbs and one cheap led grow bulb for some added blurple

13. CFL bulbs............how many ACTUAL watts...........I mean, either way, 3 of them and a just as cheap LED will barely get ya through a harvest...........and the harvest would be rather minimal.......

14. He is using LED bulbs not CFL, they're much better, not the best by any means but they work absolutely fine

Yes they should be closer, I use them too and they're about 2 - 3" away but they work just fine, his wattage is low just like mine, but he is growing on a small scale so the watts per square foot are still up there, dont know his numbers but I have 40w in half a square foot of space, that's equivalent to 80w per square foot which is plenty for LEDs

He doesn't care about harvest, at this point getting experience is the most valuable thing for him, it's not always about getting the biggest harvest, especially when you're growing your second plant ever

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Update day 8 above ground. Looking good so far I think. Lmk know your thoughts. My lights are led lights 3 2700k led flood lights 120w equivalent. Only drawing 15w. And the led blurple is a 60w equivalent. I forget the actual draw. But they do the job for what I’m trying to achieve. IMG_0544.JPG IMG_0545.JPG IMG_0549.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. Also my setup is in a 32 gallon trashcan lined with Mylar from a space tent with non conventional airflow. Incase your wondering.

17. Update: Day 9. IMG_0559.JPG IMG_0558.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  18. Looking real good for its age mate good shit

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks. Hopefully she’ll keep it up

20. Update: day 12. So far she’s Cruising along. Got some new growth since last post. Just tap water with added calcium and magnesium. Gave her a good watering yesterday gonna let her do her thing and ride that out. Don’t want a repeat of last time lol. So far she’s looking a healthy green color. Not too dark not too light. Anyways lmk what you think IMG_0561.JPG IMG_0565.JPG

• Like Like x 1