12/12 Cfl grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by crushya80, Oct 19, 2009.

1. #1 crushya80, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2009
    yo gc,
    I did one of these 12/12 grows last year and had to cut it early because i didnt have a babysitter for spring break.

4 26w cfls ( as of right now )

organic soil and some nutes for later,

Hopefully we'll get a bitch, had 3 grows and all females so knock on wood.

Also may be getting a clone from a friend in a week or two.

2. By the way the genetics is unknown, it was a bagseed of some pretty nice nug.
    It was definately cured shitty, so whoever grew it didnt give a shit. so i think it has some potential.
    The first two are from today, day 7 from sprout. the last one is from a couple days ago.

any comments are welcome.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. hey, my first post (other than intro)....

can i just ask what kinda space youve got....size-wise that is?
    And is 12/12 ok to start them off with? (yes im a neewb grower)

am planning my first grow and gonna go the cfl route.

Nice little baby you got there by the looks tho.

4. yo hot_tokes, thanks man yeah im naming (hopefully) her Kiki.

I really dont have much space at all,

its roughly 2' x 2' and height of about 6'.

it's unnatural to start the plants off at 12/12, but it is okay.
    12/12 from seed does a couple of things.

Mainly forcing the plant to skip the vegitative state and force it to go into flowering.

When i did this last year, my plant was about 11" and it was only a month in, but at the same time it started flowering after 3 weeks.

I never got to finish out the grow so i cant tell you how tall it will get.

also you have to think about whether or not your plant is a sativa or indica, that will also have a big say in the height.

5. I see, good good, cheers man.

I have a smaller space, 5' x 2' x 1.5' would you recomend the 4 26w cfls for that space?

Oh, and are your cfls warm or cool mate? Or something different again? Soz, its all new to me (except the smoking bit) :)

6. Really long leaves.

Looking nice so far crushya.

Good Luck

7. #7 crushya80, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2009
    thanks gregyc, i appreciate it man.

you can't see from the pictures that i put up but the 3rd leaf set is already coming out of the 2nd one you can see there,
    i guess keeping the light so close its staying nice and stubby.

I am thinking this is gunna be a sativa with the look of the leaves so far, but i think its too early to tell.

_tokes,
    damn hah that is small, im hoping its 5' in height.

I have a mix of warm and cool,

Are you planning on doing a 12/12 light schedule from seed also?

heres another pic from today just for shits, kinda weird from the lights
    [​IMG]

8. yeah it's a little small.....5' height yup, but i been reading up on LSTing (on here) so figure that may be the plan???

Wasnt planning on going 12/12 from the off tbh, maybe a more conventional schedule for a 1st grow?

she (positive thinking) is looking like a healthy little girl :) Nice work, i for one shall be dropping by for an update....cheers for the info crushy, it felt like a warm welcome to GC :)

9. thanks again tokes,

i learned a lot from gc myself its a great place to ask questions and get the right answers

Yeah if your going to do regular sched. definately do lst, not only will that help you keep it shorter, it will actually get all of your branches more even lighting = evenly great buds.

Good luck with your first grow man.

10. Thank ya man, and gl with kiki :)

11. update, day 9

kinda decent growth for only getting 50% of the light shed usually get.
    One leaf is missing a finger on the one side, guess its kinda stressed from the light cylce,

my power went out in my apartment i think my timer got fucked with a little

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. looks good man. you might want to tape the clear container tho with some duct tape or elctrical tape. roots dont like light to much! good luck with your grow. ill watch out for ya!

13. thanks ILL.
    yeah i am keeping an eye on them im repotting that soon thanks for the heads-up

ill have an update later today, they are really taking off now. kinda getting exciting.

14. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kinda weird , you can see that the one leaf that is missing a finger, is beding towards that side i guess to balance out

15. looks like maybe nutrient effect from too much or too early

16. really.. hmm

this bag of soil had nutes in it at like .03-.05.03 or something. i flushed it pretty well, but i guess not. the next set of leaves that is coming up is normal with all fingers . think it should be something to worry about?

17. No 1 of mine did the same on it's 1st set. It had gotten a taste of the nuits the older plants got, and in 1 day under MH it's new set surpassed old and in the next day double in size, just looked a tad mutilated lol

18. #19 crushya80, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2009
    day 13
    Here's some pics..they're shitty, i'm trying to get my hands on a legit camera.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. looking good there crushy :)

Got my lights in the post now...found a place to buy online that takes UK postal orders...yay!

Can I ask you about the paper on the soil under the plant? What is this for? I understand the need to wrap the pot to protect the roots....

Keep it up bra ;)