$12,000-$20,000

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by d8nkstr8n420, Dec 9, 2010.

1. HELLO,

I have been researching equipment for my upcoming indoor grow op; I have never grown before but I have researched for sometime, i have an ability to do things right the first time but I need a little help before I go buying all the stuff I don't need.

I see a lot of people talking about how to do cheap cheap grow rooms.... that doesn't help poor ole me out at all so....

If you had $12,000-$20,000 to invest, what would be in your grow room? (i.e. the strain used, equipment, meters, timers etc...)

Thank you, happy posting!

2. since you say you have never grown before my first step would be to purchase enough equipment for a small room (4x4) based on your own research of products. attempt a few grows and you will start to see what works.

Investing 10k -20k in growing with no experience will probably cost you another 20k by the time you get it right.

3. truthfully I only have about $2000 into my set up if I had that amount of money to spend on my set up I really wouldnt buy any thing different I would probably just buy duplicates of what I have and spend the rest on the electricity bill

I would for sure buy some more T5 lights

4. Thank you for the advice:

please, use your imagination, forget the whole "this is my first grow line"...

if you are bored and feel like using your imagination then this is the post for you!

:cool:

5. we need to know the size limitations. :confused:

Hydro or soil?

6. bender is the shit!..... the robot that is

7. Hydro-
    in a house decent size 2-3 bedrooms house
    1 room allocated just for ballasts and electical etc.
    1 room for mothers and clones
    looking at either growing low ryder or big bud: realising I am not experienced I am deciding between the easier strains on the first large attempt.

1st goal: strain
    2nd: lights/ballasts what watt will I use? will I go with the 1000 watt dimming ballasts?

*really if you had to put it to me simple.... doesnt have to be speific or brand related.
    im simply trying to find out what you guys thing will produce the most for the best i don't resally want to cut any corners I don't believe in that.

shopping list:

8. Buy the best equipment you can afford. I'm in the process of building a new 20' X 12' flowering room that will be professional grade. I don't know how big a room you are doing, but with that kind of cash on hand, I'm guessing it isn't a micro grow in your PC box. I'll just give you a list of products I use and like.

Phantom digital ballasts
    Lumatek electronic ballasts (phantoms are better)
    Sun Pulse Digital bulbs in all K ratings
    Daystar AC hoods
    Light Rail 3.5 or 5.0 if you have heavy hoods.
    Entire line of products from Hydro Innovations:
    Hydrogen Pro burner
    Ice Cap
    Ice boxes, 8 and 6 inch
    Water cooled dehumidifier
    Sentinel digital meters of all kinds (timers, co2 meters, temp controllers...)
    Max fans
    2 HP ChillKing chiller (easily handles the heat from 6000 watts, a dehumidifier, and a burner in a closed 11x11 flowering room, but going up to a 4 or 5 HP unit for further expansion and new room)

That is all I can think of at the moment. I'll add more stuff as I think of them.

9. Thats what im talking about: thank you that makes me happy...

10. This is wise ^^^

11. You still haven't told us what your harvest goals are. If you want a small personal grow in the range of 2-6 plants you could set up the Taj Mahal of growing for $2-3k and pocket the rest. If you want to grow 100 plants that's a completely different league...

12. Oh, I forgot about lighting control. I use Powerbox products. In the 6000 watt room, I use one DPC 7500 240V for the lights and one 120V 7500 for the light movers

In the larger flowering room, we are installing (today!!) three DPC 7500 Combo controllers. I wanted redundant units as a fail safe, and because the room will be able to be wired more cleanly if I don't have to run all the lights to one large control box.

I don't know what the retail prices are, but these guys make very nice stuff.

Powerbox™ Lighting Controllers and Timers for the Hydroponics Industry

13. #13 PaulMitchle, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2010
    damn dude ur going BIGTIME.......I would get 6, 400 watt floralux's, 24 plastic planters, six of these http://www.planetnatural.com/site/ocean-forest.html , a bunch of Floragrow QT series 700cfm duct fan a great ass carbon filter...

14. Forgot to ask if you are going to go in soil or some form of hydro. I prefer soil, so that will impact some of the other equipment you'll want as far as pots and the like.

For pH and water/soil testing I use

Blue Lab pH meter with optional direct soil probe

The Hanna HI9813-6 is AWESOME. It is a combo pH, mS/cm, PPM, and temp meter, but it is not a pen.

I also like to use my Blue Lab Truncheon. It is nice because it gives you PPM readings with both conversion factors.

I'll add more as I think of them.

As far as strains.... you need to tell us what kind of high you want and how much work you want to put into the garden.

Tomato Cages are essential to my grows too.

15. God damn Stinkbomb. You've got a pro setup. Just when I think I know a thing or two, theres some perspective.

16. Probably the most versatile and useful product in the garden. I love this stuff. Get the light duty. The heavy duty stuff is the same gauge wire, just thicker rubber. Light duty soft tie is the bomb. I would be at great disadvantage without it.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Luster-Leaf-Rapiclip-Light-839/dp/B000RUFDI2]Amazon.com: Luster Leaf Rapiclip Light Duty Soft Wire Tie 839: Everything Else[/ame]

Is this going to be a personal garden/hobby, or is this going to be a job for you?

17. Oh, I have plenty to learn. It never ends. We all have plenty to learn. I'm doing my best, and so far it seems to be working out well. While this is my job, I am far from an authority of any kind on any aspect of the game.

18. exciting times :D

19. strain: looking for something with decent all around doesn't have to be 33% or anything.
    the garden will be tended on a regular basis with the utmost care and quality is what I am after but I am new to the game so it has to be a strain relatively easy to grow.

great posts! thank you

20. If i had that money i would go pick up 10-15 1000 watts, I would get a ebb and grow 48 pot site, i would get inline fans to run through all the light, 19" wall mount fans in every corner, Co2 running, a controller to control all of the room, and a fat ass bag of weed to smoke while i set it up.

And as for strains, B52. G13, Blue cheese, Jack Herrer, Gods Gift, Some original StrawBerry cough, and finally (My Favorite Strain ive grown) Super Silver Haze :D