115g reservoir for DWC - 8 or 10 plants?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by TheGreywizard, Jun 1, 2021.

1. #1 TheGreywizard, Jun 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    Ok so for a long time I’ve thought of doing 10’ trough runs for DWC instead of a bunch of buckets.

I can’t do the 10’ troughs at the moment, but I can do a single Botanicare 115g reservoir as a large DWC setup.

It's 6'6" long and 38" wide, 16" high

I'm going to have a 5x10 area with 2 lights for this setup.

This will be a cheaper option and safer as it will eliminate any potential leaks a bunch of buckets and bulkheads could have.

But I’m trying to figure out if I should do 8 or 10 plants for this setup?

I will be SCROGing this setup as well, so I’ll be able to train and control how the plants grow.

Here’s what I’m thinking, I just don’t know if the 8 plants will get huge and need the extra room, or if I can stuff 2 more full plants in there and hopefully pull some more yield.

Thoughts?

9ABDAE49-0723-4EF8-B2B2-4877EE69D8C8.jpeg

2. I use tanks rather than buckets as well. As for your spacing, even with 8 plants you will probably have some crowding issues.

3. #3 TheGreywizard, Jun 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    Ok so have you had any issues at all running tubs like this?

My available space will probably be a 5x10 tent, so I’ll have to keep it within that area, so spill over.

I also planned to veg for about 3 weeks and was hoping to get them around 30” and start scrogging and opening them up.

With only 3 weeks of veg and 30” heights I was hoping to run 5 on each side.

You don’t think I can do that many? I plan on combing them open and utilizing every inch of the scrog.

Really only go for 4 each side max?

I was hoping to pull around 10oz per plant x 10 plants in that space with 2 HLG Scorpion Diablos.

Is 10oz+ per plant an achievable number with this setup? I’m going to run great nutes as hot as I can

I’d have to hit 12oz with 8 plants to hit my numbers. Still possible?