Discussion in 'General' started by Padovan, Jan 1, 2013.

1. #1 Padovan, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2016

2. Im in, i use to have a few notebooks filled with my thoughts. Alot of them were on unmentionables. Stop writing When i stop using. Thinking its time to pick up the pen again. Thanks for the encouragement man. :smoke:

3. #3 Padovan, Jan 1, 2013

4. I'm an aspiring author and lately I've been doing 2,000 words a day :O
    So I reckon if I can do 2,000 for the 2 months or so I've been on it I can probably scribble down 200 for a year.

5. #5 Padovan, Jan 1, 2013

6. I'm currently writing a novel that's a thriller and I'm about 60% finished with it I would say. Somedays I fit in short stories as well as or instead of working on the novel though just to get a break and get some new original ideas down.
    Haha as for the will its tough man, I try to take a few toke breaks during my writing sessions to keep things interesting for me :)
    I think the most import thing is to just get something down, even if you don't think it's that great it could have the potential to be something special, just get it down and edit it another time because by then you will have a whole new perspective on the writing and how it is.

7. Just ask yourself what john rattray would do

8. #8 Padovan, Jan 1, 2013

9. I'm going to keep a journal with what I've done that day, what's going on at that time, etc. It's really just to improve my penmanship.

10. #11 Padovan, Jan 1, 2013

11. i basically write/read enough when i come to grasscity

12. Yeah certain sections offer a good place to do this

13. #14 Padovan, Jan 1, 2013

14. Well my idea started as a short story but I just really liked the characters so I just ran with it and expanded it. Really no planning has gone into it, I just start writing everyday and see where the adventure goes. If I have a good idea about something I want to see in the future of the novel I will make a note of it and try to guide the story in that direction.

I also like to have some background music on while I write.

15. #17 rync888, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013
    One of my goals is to write more as well. Maybe make an official swed thread where we can all come to write short excerpts?

16. #18 Padovan, Jan 2, 2013

17. fuck yeah, OP. this is a great idea. im down

18. Let's start by not calling it 'SWED.':cool: