10x10 Tent Setup idea, any tips/ideas?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sublimesun, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Hey blades, long time no post.
    I am currently looking at a situation where i will possibly be able to grow again after a 5 year hiatus. I have a budget of 3k and i have to use a tent as i can not build a room with this situation. I was thinking about running 3, 1000 watt hps in a 10x10 tent. 24 plants in 7 gals, coco as my medium. I have used botanicare and humboldt county boosters and had very good results so im good there.
    Im stuck as to if i should run a vented or sealed tent. I have ran a 3k watt setup with and without co2 but i did not notice a difference, but i was venting my room so i was just wasting my money and sucking the co2 out of my room. Is it worth the investment on a setup like this to run co2? I have never ran a sealed room, and setup advice? Thanks in advance everybody:weed:

2. So id do this a lil different knowing what i know now and whats gonna come in my futute setups. First off 3 hps 1k are gonna get that room hot. I would buy 6-8 qb 260xl. 2 will replace a 1000w single ended hps/mh setup with about half the power consumption. I dont grow with leds currently but these quantum boards are the best thing smoking. 24 plants in a 10x10 is gonna be hard to manage. I grow in a 5x10 and these are 7 gal pots. 1518424203123.jpg 1518424207314.jpg
    In addition co2 would be great but only if you do a sealed timed air exchange and its only really for veg growth from what i understand. A diy flood table or mortar mixing trays like shown above will be needed cause watering becomes a pain in the ass. As far airflow you ll want a 6 inch blowing in and a high cfm 8 inch sucking out. Buy your nutes by the gallon it saves you in the long run. 3k should cover all of the equipment cost become an amazon prime member cause if its broken on arrival they gonna replace it. Your gonna want to run dedicated breakers to the grow. 10 gauge wire ran twice on a 20 amp double pole breaker with 4 outlets should more than cover your power needs. Youll need 4 fans for air movement maybe more or less depending on what you buy. You will also need processing equipment for what you grow thats gonna be at the low end atleast 6 lbs if you suck ass at plant training.

I grow trees. Trees Number Three's