105+ degree temps in sac are burning and killing my plant..what should i do???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ckoko, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Fuckkk, I have a few plants and none of them are flowering yet. Is this bad? And when will they flower? Btw they are bagseed

2. ive been having some similar issues aswell, im near sac too my plants started to dry up and crumble in the sun the last few days, ive been watering constantly to keep up with them and gave them some shade for a day and recovered well...the hotter it gets the more water they need.

3. I'm south of you near Modesto. I have my plants in the ground and check the water twice per day. I've lost a few leaves but nothing really bad.

Are your plants in pots? If so you may need to cover the pot. If it's black plastic pots then the root area is getting too warm. If they are in the ground then you should check the water in the morning and the heat of the day. Avoid wetting the leaves for fear of burn from the sun and water droplets.

I have one plant in flower and looking great, I have a second plant a few weeks behind that one. My third plant is only showing pre-flowers and has about tripled in size. I think I will plant far more late next year these are just massive and hard to keep below the fence line.

4. This is very important. There are a load of things that you do not want to use when it's too hot. I got some spray for rust on my squash and it said not to spray if the day time temps were going to be over 95 degrees. I really don't know about organic/ homemade sprays and how high heat days effect the leaves. I just wait to use anything on cooler days.

5. Whenever you need to spray do it when its cooler out. Like in the early morning and evening shortly before the sun goes down.

6. [quote name='"planty"']I'm south of you near Modesto. I have my plants in the ground and check the water twice per day. I've lost a few leaves but nothing really bad.

Are your plants in pots? If so you may need to cover the pot. If it's black plastic pots then the root area is getting too warm. If they are in the ground then you should check the water in the morning and the heat of the day. Avoid wetting the leaves for fear of burn from the sun and water droplets.

I have one plant in flower and looking great, I have a second plant a few weeks behind that one. My third plant is only showing pre-flowers and has about tripled in size. I think I will plant far more late next year these are just massive and hard to keep below the fence line.[/quote]

Alright thanks man, my plant is in the ground. It's still not flowering though. None of my plants are and I'm not sure why

7. I was going half crazy with my plants. I only have three, but now that I think about it.. it's not all bad. I can harvest a single plant and process it. I will not be over whelmed at least .

I worry about the late flowering one and frost. We have the potential to get a first frost right around Halloween. I bought some shade screen that I will put up as the season moves on just in case.

Do you know the strains you are growing? Maybe that's why my plants were rescue so I'm sure they were just bag seed I have no clue what they are.

I am already planning next season so I can have a better handle on my garden and know the strains which will help with height and flowering times.

Hang in there let nature run it's course.. that's all we can do.