100Watt LED Light - Please Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by marijananonymous, Sep 10, 2013.

1. I have an Advanced LED Diamond Series DS100 LED grow light. The light has a veg switch and a bloom switch. The veg switch has several red spectrum lights in it...even though I'm in flower, will it stunt the plants at all if I leave the veg switch on, too? It seems like I'm losing half of my lumen output if I only have the flowering switch on. I guess what I'm asking is...are half of the lights (in bloom mode only) on my 100 watt LED light enough to take it all the way to harvest? Or should I be growing with full spectrum right now through to harvest? The plants are still growing a lot, because I put them in 12/12 to find out their sex because these are grown from bag seed. I have also added 2 x 26watt 2700k CFLs. Please help!

Attached Files:

2. Seriously? No one?

3. The more light, the merrier.

100w isnt much. You would want more wattage in there if you want a solid yield.
    But im not experienced with leds, so i'll leave it there

4. Yes, you are right. I didn't have enough for the 200 watt. Sucks being on a budget, and I'm learning and making a ton of mistakes. It's a good way to learn....it's a decent light that will grow anything pretty well. After a few grows, I hope to get a 4 x 4 tent and run 2 x 400 watt LEDs. 

5. Ive heard the diamond series LED lights are pretty bad ass. I may even check into getting one myself after I finish my first grow. One should be alright for just 1 or 2 plants but I wouldn't try more than that with the 100 and it won't hurt to have both spectrums on during the flowering cycle as long as the lights are on 12/12. From what I understand this would be just like the dual arc HID bulbs that you can buy that run both mh&hps. So in my personal opinion this not only will not hurt the plants but may be very beneficial actually 

6. I have been very pleased with my DS100. The light penetration to the lower growth is really good.

7. How did it turn out?

8. Run all the lights, the full spectrum. I do that with my DS XML 350. Full spectrum seed to harvest.