1000w or 600w

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by BCHydroNEMA, May 11, 2013.

1. Hey this is first post I've read through a lot over the years but was wondering what everyone thought I have grown outdoors the last few year and have gotten a few zs but quality was not ideal I want to start an indoor flower room I use a 250w mh that I veg with now from march to mid may before I plant outside was wondering should I get a 1000w hps for flower or a 600 space is no concern I own my house and have two spare bedrooms not used so venting is no issue my girlfriend is going to buy the light for my birthday on the 15th so is it better to buy a 600 mh hps and when I can buy the thousand use the 600mh for a separate veg room I have 5 white widow 5 nirvana ice about a foot tall and a snow white under a scrog screen but I would rather veg for as long as I can with them all and put the rest in scrog I have a 16'x24' bedroom with 8' ceilings and my house stays at 60-65f year round thank you and btw I can't smoke because of my job and I don't sell anything a few friends smoke when they come over and my best friend is a chemo patient I just enjoy gardening I also grow various fruits and vegetables once again thank you all for your opinions

2. :gc_rocks::gc_rocks::gc_rocks::gc_rocks::gc_rocks::smoke:Hello, They say that a 600 would be the best bang for your buck but the 1000 would be my choice. With a space that big I would use 4X1000's for flower. I use a 600 for flower in a 4x4x7 tent and heat is an issue for mebecause my ambient temps are high. A 1k would be to much for that anyway. good luck

3. 1000w all the way I have one in a 4x2.5x5 closet and love it

4. get a 1000 watt dimmable. you can always turn it down