1000w AeroJet hydroponic sea of green

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by beach_skunk, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Well in a trade I got this 24 pod AeroJet hydroponic system and a dual (HPS/ ?) light system. Going to be adding it to a tent and fans and filters before starting my grow.

I figure I will just use 12 of the 24 pods to keep the spacing good to grow my plants. A couple questions to start.

1. What would be an excellent strain for a beginner which goes from seed to weed the fastest?
    2. What it's the bare minimum on nutrients?
    3. Would using a water filter that produces 0ppm water better than constantly checking and adjusting the ppm and Ph?

2. 1. Strain is relatively irrelevant in my opinion. If you can give any strain the right environment, it'll thrive. Plus, within a certain strain is different phenotypes. You'd have to get lucky to get the same phenotype from seed as someone else online, although it is possible.

2. It depends. You can get away with 1 EC through the whole grow sometimes, but some plants will need more. CNS17 is cheap and easy.

3. You constantly have to check the PH and ppm because of nutrients, not the ppm and ph of the water. Of course, using RO water or 0 ppm water helps.

3. I ask about strain because I an interested in the ak48 or kaya gold strain cause I was told they do well in my setup and they have a 4 week grow and veg state the only 4 weeks of flower till harvesting at total 8 weeks.

Please tell me more about these two nutrients. I was thinking of using Advanced Nutrients grow, bloom, and micro.

4. Ive tried ak48 to be honest with you a 6-7 week veg makes it a better quality smoke. This is a strange strain to be clear most cannabis doesnt have potency diffrence with veg time but this strain does. 7 weeks veg time and 45 days flower. Makes a good smoke.

5. Well that seems fair, did you just switch from 24 hour light to 12/12 at day 46?

6. No i switched to 12 on day 67.

7. From seed though thats from the day i put the seed in the rockwool cube. Had about a 1/2 in tail when i put in cube.

8. #8 beach_skunk, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    I agree

9. From my experience there are two phenotypes both grow a bit differently id say about the 6-7 weeks you will see preflowers and be able to sex about week 5-6. Just watch your plant make your own educated decision on when to flower. Week two for me was when i had true leaves. So from.there it was about 6 weeks.

10. Well having to move is holding me back but I am going to have an upgraded grow room when I finally set up.

11. Finally moved into my new place, just working out the discretion problems.