1000 Watt HPS...... footprint

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by highcenter, Sep 12, 2006.

1. thinking of building a cabinet that is 6' x 4' .... will my 1000 watt HPS be enough?

2. Id say more than enough my friend...

3. yep 24sq ft divided by 1000 = 41.6 watts a sq ft

4. dont I need around 75-100 watts per square foot for a good harvest?

5. Look around at other peoples grows,ive grown in the same size room with 600W and grew 7 plants all had a bit more than a oz of dry bud and that was in 2 gal pots...

6. Yo Seeof Green... I plan on growing 24 plants in a SOG method in my space using 2 gallon buckets Eb & Flo style

What size were your plants.. how long did you veg before going 12/12

thanks

7. I thought it was minimum of 25 watts pers sqr foot. That could be completely wrong though.

I was hoping that this thread would have info on how large the actual light pattern of a 1000watter would be.

The 'per sqr foot' thing wouldnt apply to you if your grow space was like 1 foot by 24 feet. Obviously, one light wouldnt suffiently illuminate the plants at the far ends(without a light mover of course), but it would seem to be 'perfect' if you just used the formula.

8. I veg for about a month,so the plant will be about a foot tall -give or take(all on the strain grown)
    And they ended up around 2 1/2 foot,you got to remember that your plant will double in size when in flowering...

9. If i remember right???,a 1000w light, will light up a 4 foot sq. room perfect

10. i do believe if you seach for "hid chart" you'll come up with a thread that someone started and it has everything you need to know as far as lumens received in relation to distance from light to plant, and also how much square footage is recommended for all size lights. tons of good info.