100 year old zig zags?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by MrBongsalot, Feb 17, 2011.

1. These were a gift from a friend. Ive looked at every package of zig zags since the 1930's and nothing looks like these. The patent date inside is 12 november 1889. There from From France and all the front says is zig zag no.114. The pack is basically full, Ive smoked a few. The papes themselves burn slowly and have a very very fine line of the sticky stuff. All I really wanna know is some basic info on them.

Attached Files:

2. Holy fuck, those look ghetto. I wouldn't dare smoke from them. That'd be like a collectors item for me.

3. Ive smoked three, You can taste the age lol. I keep them hidden away in my lock box most of the time:smoke:

4. I would stop smoking them and save them until you find out more. From what you told us and those pics, they look like they could genuinely be 100 years old or some shit, which is pretty cool

5. I agree, I rarely touch them anymore, Just wanted to see if they still burned.. Wish I knew more about them tho:confused:

6. you wanted to see if paper would burn? lol why 3 then?
    ...you dont have to answer.

7. Dont have to, but I will..when I first got them the pack seemed damp, I wanted to make sure there wasnt any water damage, so I took the first few out and didnt want to waste them..

8. save them, in about 50 years im sure weed will be legal and there will be a museum opened up for it, and all sorts of artifacts will be there..and u can sell it....YOUR GONNA BE RICH BITCH!!! hahahahahaa

9. No doubt about it. Those things are worth money. Just keep it something air tight so the air doesn't keep degrading it.

10. I would have it appraised now that could be worth a pretty penny. But I would talk to someone about having it preserved via vacuum sealed container or something.

11. Fucking amazing dude..I love old shit like that and old quarters lol.
    Keep that shit, don't even use a single paper again!
    :hello:

12. Dude this right here. Save em they should no doubt be worth some money one day, if you would even want to get rid of them. I sure wouldnt though

13. Thanks man! me too, I actually have traded one of my dealers older coins for bud:p

14. Never will, I plan on keeping these for a looong time, Unless some crazy collector must have them.. Then the bidding will start!:smoke:

15. LOL fucking nicee scoree..remember how much you got?
    I'd probably do some shit like that if I was dealing again lol.
    Let's barter!

:smoke:

16. bro thts some crazy vintage shit right there!

17. That's pretty awesome man, like frame them or something man...
    Go to the container store, they have all kinds of cases for collectibles.

18. #18 greatdayne, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2011
    Get baked and go on antique roadshow, how many other 1899 papers are out there? could be worth thousands at auction

19. has anyone done some research into what it is?

as it may be an old pack that decayed in an attic or something.

but i hope they are 100 years old.

can you put a better picture.

or atleast a clear one with nice lighting.

i really wanna see these lol ive never seen anything like it.

is the pack like leather?