100% Noob Wanting To Start - Tips?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rivalZone, Mar 22, 2009.

1. So I have 3 seeds. Nothing special, I know. I live in outback Australia and in a few weeks, will have a nice bushy spot to plant them. I must plant them outside.

All I need are some general tips. I'm not looking for some really serious stuff but I would also like something to come from the ground that I can smoke.

Any tips starting out? Like, really, anything you can think of that might be helpful, please share. Some things I would like to know,
    How long will I have to wait until I get some form of bud?
    How often should I water it?

Thanks guys.

2. Alright, Depending on the type of soil you're planting in gowing to change the variable of how much water you need. Generally, it's once a week, but if you can check your plants half way through the week, stick your finger in the ground around your plant to see if it's wet, and if it feels moist, wait a few days. As soon as it starts showing dryness, water again. To start out, you have a couple choices. Germinate the seeds before hand, or plant them straight to the ground. Since there's only 3, you don't want to use the "Paper towl method." I suggest getting some good, fluffy soil together, put it in a little plastic dixie cup, poke holes in the bottom, run some good clean water through your soil 2 or 3 times, let it drain, then wait 10-15 Minutes, use a pencil, or anything to plant the seed about half an inch into the cup, and repeat of the other 2 seeds. 3 seeds isn't a lot to start with, and most likely you'll not get 3 full plants. Just makes sure to check how moist the dixie cup soil is every other day, don't over water. Wait until it's about 5-8 Inches tall before transplanting into the ground. You said you wanted to keep it simple, but for great results, dig a 3x3x3 hole, and use some really good soil from the store. Fox Farm, Organic Miricle Grow..ect, look around the site.

I didn't know ANY of this until about 2 weeks ago..I learned it all from GC, just look around this forum, read what the people like Corto Malteze, or Oldpork have to say, they'll know a lot. I hope this helped! Good luck mate!

3. also prune and fim the tops so instead of a talk lanky plant. you can have a BUSH of colas and it will look a lot sweeter. just top every 3rd nod and let them grow and the more do this it will bush out with bigger leaves and colas.

4. As far as how long before you get some form of bud would depend initially on your seeds. After that it's up to you to provide the optimum conditions for them to reach flowering without any delays.

A plant from seed usually takes a few months before it's mature enough to flower, though straight 12/12 from sprouting would force them to bud at around 30 days, depending.

The only way to really tell is to plant them and see.

5. Just gave this advice a couple of days ago to another Aussie:

Right now is the perfectly wrong time to plant outside in the southern hemisphere. Your days will be getting shorter, with longer dark period than light, and you probably don't have time to get through full flowering. Your planting now would be the equivalent of someone in the northern hemisphere planting a sprout in late September, at which point the plant should have been outside for 3-5 months and has already begun flowering.

6. toastybiz is right. there is not gunna be enought light during the day. Your plants wont progress through the vegatative stage very fast, and without the maturity and the shorter light periods, they wont want to flower.

wait until your spring time to plant.

7. Since when is Vic in Outback Australia?
    Anyways, are you able to go hydro?

8. Since, well, never. Just thought I would give a bit of insight to my situation to the Americans seeing as they're the majority of posters.
    And nope. Hydro is not an option.

Thanks for all the advice guys. All is being taken into consideration!

Keep 'em coming! :p