100 degrees in my cabinet. Cooling and humidity help.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by smokenothing, Sep 17, 2012.

1. I have a problem with my micro in this wood dresser i have. The plant almost 3 months old and has been on 12/12 for about 50 days. Bud formation is starting on the newest spots. I have it LSTed to where its like growing totally sideways. 2 43w cfls and 4 24w cfls a couple inches above her. A good sized fan blowing on the plant and a hole cut in the back for exhaust and airflow. With the lights off its a good 70ish temp and 50% humidity. But when lights are on temps are pushing 100s and humidity is down to 20%-30%.

How can i get the humidity up and temps lower? Or is this even not as serious of a problem as i think?

Also its in a window grow box so i can water in the bottom so it goes straight to the bottom of the roots. Should i only be watering in there and itll be fine or should i still water the top of the soil as well to soak the soil and get more then just the bottom of the roots?

Any help for either of these matters would be really helpful. This is my first indoor grow and i need help on lots of issues like this. Thanks in advance guys.

2. Thats way too hot, high 80's to low 90's tops is what you want. Add another fan, one in one out might help. I water from the top in two sessions. First one to get the soil moist and the second until I get some runoff. Your'e humidity should be about 50% all the time, too low or too high can cause problems.

3. thanks man and ill look into that. But will that really give me the 20+ degree change i need?

4. vent fans are all u need to control most temp issues
    get a small pc fan from a tech store and wire a power cord (5v dc) cell phone chargers work fine or get one from a grow store
    go for the 120mm size

5. What's your room ambient temperature? If the room is warm, then you'll need an air conditioner, or otherwise cool the room air.

If the room air is pretty cool, then you'll need to improve the ventilation in your box.

Exhausting the hot air out the top of your box, and cutting holes in the bottom (AKA passive intakes) of your box, where cool air can enter, is your best fix.

Ideal temps are 78 degrees. Don't worry about humidity, for now. It's gonna be whatever it's gonna be at the temperatures you can get your box down to, for now.

Good luck.

6. Thanks guys this info is helping. Ive got my temps down to low 90s at the highest just buy moving my exhaust and making more ventilation holes.

And the setup is in my basement so its coolest in the house. And were moving into colder times in the year so temps should gradually go down and improve it by itself.