100% cloning success rate guarenteed.

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Aerogrowhoe, Apr 15, 2006.

1. I haven't tried but I would imagine yes. If you don't need them all right away I would say to get one and then revert it back to veg by hitting it with 24/0 then take any further clones. That way you get your buds now and have yourself a clone mother.

2. brillant. Never thought about it like that. +Rep for that, but pics would be awesome.:hello:

3. I'll do some more here within the next week or two and give it a good photo shoot.

4. Rooting clones while still on the mother plant is a practice bonsai growers have been using for hundreds of years. It really works!!

5. I'm trying this method right now and no roots yet after 1 week and a half... I water every morning. I'll keep yall posted.

6. Very slow process of cloning. Reason is the cloned section you want is still being fed by the plant so it does not use its energy to stay alive and try to grow roots, Yes sure it will give 100% as it has to because the cutting will never die once its still on the mother plant.

Again very slow way of doing it while there are much faster ways of getting 100% success rate.

7. So i didn't post any pics... not worth it..... I busted my head keeping the thing moist ect... i checked a couple of times at 10 days even... i held on to the hope...Nothing... But on the good side. my mother didn't die or have any ill effects of the whole terrible ordeal........... she's wonderfully 3' tall now and has a new outdoor home. There was only a darkend area on the branch where i scraped. Other then that i will try it again on another test group. These plants weren't realy expendible if it went wrong so i shut it down. Anyone eles give it a try ?

8. It has been two weeks exactly from the first day I started this Clone-on-mother method or what I call it... "cuming on your mother" :hello:
    They have all grown roots but 2 of them don't look so good (Only 3 shown).
    I took them off what looks like a Big Bud strain.
    I am getting ready to move them into my first hydro setup.

Attached Files:

9. I've changed my mind for the method of cloning I'm going to use. Lately I've seen a ton of people over on icmag getting really good results with just rooting clones in plain water... a little bit slower but it seems to work almost every time... I'm definitely going to try this, although now I have rockwool cubes and rooting hormone around for no reason. haha. oh well.

10. nice method! ill probably try when my clones gets bigger

11. I always have 100% success and its very easy to accomplish.

1. Make sure everything is sterile
    2. make sure you have at least 2 nodes
    3. Popper Rooting Gell (i use Clonex, its the best for a reason)

simply
    cut the cutting (with 2 nodes)
    put in water for 10 minutes
    take it out and put rooting jell on it and then stuff it in your medium be it unnuted soil or ph balanced rock wool.

place in humidity chamber with light above it, 7 days roots are out the bottom of the cups and all leaves are healthy with no yellowing.

The water method is not 100% and takes forever, tried it many of times.

12. Dude! You can't even SPELL guaranteed!
    HAHAH!

-mu

13. didnt know i was doing a thesis..

14. Dude! Are you on crack?

My quote is the title of the thread!

-mu

15. ok children, this is not grammer school! kidding guys, really. dierwolf, what does soaking the cutting in water for 10 min do? open the cell walls up or something? just curious, as my first clones were a sucess (albiet very slow rooting) and my second ones didn't make it.

16. i have tryed this it is called air cloning - chinese invention i believe. the clump was to heavy for the plants. 1 did work.

17. ...on letting the cutting sit in the water for at least 5min before dipping in a rooting compound and placing it.
    I too, when I grew, had a 100% success rate when cloning. Except this ONE TIME.
    This was the ONLY difference from any other time I had done the cuttings.....
    I only had about 10 cuts to take (the usual was 150 and at those times I would take about 25 cuts off and put them in the bowl of water, THEN dip and place them...so there was a 5min+ wait there in the water)...
    ...so these 10 quickies, I cut 'em and dipped and placed them str8 off the plant. Only taking the time to trim off the nodes while holding them under water, but that only lasts a couple seconds. I lost a few that time. The ONLY variable was that they didn't sit in the water for a few minutes.

18. btw...no one can guarantee another person 100% success with cuttings. There is a green thumb aspect to it.
    I have 100% success. No lie.
    I taught my Bro to take cuttings one time...I was there, told him everything I knew about it and supervised his every move...I was satisfied that he had done the job well.
    Only 60% lived.
    WTF?...lol

19. Heated propigators are simply the best way in my experiance. low cost NO maintenance EXTREMELY HIGH survival rate and extremely compact designs let u clone and clone again without changing nothing. Even the harder to clone plants will survive and grow nice rooting systems in this humideous enviroment. For those who are not familiar i suggest you try.

20. Heated propigators are simply the best use a fish tank heater? peat pellet and instead of cutting with knife just wrap a twist tie around stem.. or a fine wire tight enough to act as a tourniquet