$100 Citation in MA?

Discussion in 'General' started by mrpanda69, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Last August I was being very stupid and ended up with a $100 citation, I live in Massachusetts. Long story short I forgot to pay the fine, and recently I found the citation while looking through old papers. Needless to say its hard to sleep at night knowing some unresolved issue is lingering out there that may stay with me for the rest of my life, does anyone who knows more about the law think I should pay it now or is it just too late? Am I screwed either way? Come on... I bet the cops who gave it to me smoked before. Just WHAT is wrong with the world...

2. funny you just bring this up. i also live in mass and a while back me and several other people in my town and got 100 dollar fines and didn't pay them... everyone who didn't pay got a letter in the mail beginning of the month to go to court. I'm going later this week. I'm pretty sure instead of a town pig pocketing my money the courthouse will get it instead

3. I didn't get a letter in the mail or anything at all...

4. No thoughts on this?

5. If you didn't pay your fine they send you a court hearing. If you skipped the court hearing than they issue a warrant for arrest. Your best bet? Pick a day when you don't have plans and just turn yourself in. Before they catch you on the road, and they impound your car, and have more trouble than just a days jail time

Don't send it in I'm sure the fine is more than $100 now so that's pointless. Just go to the station with like $300 cash NO CHECK