10/14 for flower?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by The Hunter, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Is 10hrs lights and 14hrs dark ok for flowering? I have a plant that I want to flower so I can sample it and then throw it back into veg if I want clones but this is the only schedule I can accommodate.

2. You won't be able to "sample" anything by starting flower and trying to cut something off to smoke.  Flowering bud takes 8-14 weeks to make it to full smoke potential.

3. #3 Deleted member 638051, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014

ya, they need to mature of course. But other than that, would 10 hours of light be enough to keep the plant on schedule? Or does it really need more? (12 is better?)

All my searches find that it MUST have 12 hours of dark to flower, while there are varied opinions about the amount of light for veg time. I guess my question is, does it need 12 hours of light as well in the flowering stage?

4. I would fully flower but reveg it. I would just sample some of the bud when it's finished this way I can leave the rest on there for a good recovery. At least then I will know if it's worth saving.

5. 10 hrs light / 14 dark would work fine. It probably is not optimal for your strain, in which case it would be receiving less energy for growth and bud development than it otherwise could take, but you definitely will not mess up flowering. The flowering reaction is stimulated primarily by the length of uninterrupted dark.

Having said that, I would stick with 12/12. Tried-and-true, it works.

I'm not sure what it is about your schedule that should dictate that the plants would need to be on 10/14 rather than 12/12. If the issue is when you are available to turn the lights on or off, just get a timer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have a timer but I don't want to flower all my plants. I don't have another space to veg.

7. Thanx.
    I have cost of electricity in mind. I'm already running the lights at night for the cheaper rates. I'm just looking for that line in the sand.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I don't understand this...if yo do 10/14 everything in that room is gonna flower

9. [quote name="mendo clouds" post="19339227" timestamp="1389724157"]I don't understand this...if yo do 10/14 everything in that room is gonna flower[/quote]I'm assuming he'll be moving the flowering plants to a dark area for their "night" hours, and his schedule only allows him to move them on the 10/14 schedule. But I could be wrong lol

10. Nope your right. Sorry it took so long to reply. My day got all fucked up. Yea I need to move them. I'm gonna build the box this weekend.