1 week old sprouts. Did miracle grow kill my plants??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by theskyisblue5, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Hello everyone, your help will be much appreciated. I have 3 sprouts growing and i recently added a little miracle grow to them. when i checked the next day. 2 of them were laying on their sides. Is there anything i should be worried about? or will they just grow back up towards the sun? thanks. also the roots on the ones laying down are kind of a reddish color. [​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Added MG as in nutrients? If so, yes that would be a problem. If you have soil which has nutrients in it already you wont need to nute it until about 3 weeks or so. FLush your plants out with plain water, they should wake up after that.

3. it was miracle-gro bloom booster flower food.

4. looking @ the pics makes me think they streched for light & fell over i

5. i mean they look 5inchs tall with one leaf set

6. they're all about 2 inches in height. it was weird though. i added the miracle grow nutrients at night and the next morning i checked on them before sunrise. they were fallen on their sides and the root was very very very loose. i feel like such an idiot. what would you do in this situation?

7. Looks like they fainted. I'd porop em up and water them regularly and see if they come back.

8. they really look taller then 2inchs

9. it's just the angle of how i took the pic i think. i proppped them up on a little twig to keep them up towards teh sun. what else do u think i hsould do? im so pissed off, they wree growing really well and then i added that shit and now they're laying on the ground.

10. You might want to try doing a little research BEFORE you plant. MG is Bad for MJ. Why are you using bloom booster? Are you putting your sprouts in to flower?

Flush them well, and hope for the best, but I don't think you are going to have much luck. They are stretching too much, and you just od'd them with poison.

You should NEVER use soil with nutes added. You need to be able to control the amount.
    MJ doesn't need any nutes for at least 3 weeks, and even then, you want to use them at 1/4 strength.
    It is safe to use Superthrive, and I reccomend it. It will help reduce the efffects of stress that you are subjecting those poor sprouts to.

Seriously read the stickies and maybe a grow guide or 2. Don't expect success your 1st time around. I know many, myself included, that researched and prepared for a few months before planting the 1st seed, and none of us reached our expectations. I was on my 4th attempt before I obtained the success I had been hoping for.