1 week into flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Deleted member 979967, Jan 22, 2017.

1. So my first grow is 1 week to flowering and around the bud sites there are a lot of white pistill things but I saw a video of a week one grow and I could see the buds forming . And in mine I can't, is mine just a slow grower I'm not 100 percent sure

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Keep trying Rob! You'll get there. I don't think you're retarded.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maybe I am. Never know

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm a good judge bitchnuckle... you are not.

5. every strain is different some like a BX2 bubba my buddy grew has no strech and when given products like bud blood early in flower produce heavy little buds early on, some other strains like 11 week sativas have a much higher stretch rate and produce buds slowly but the weight packs on usually late in flower lol in my opinion of coarse, so it can be either the person was using a product like bud blood to switch the lights on the bloom phase faster, has a strain with no strech, etc, regardless your 1 week into flower and you have massive little white hairs YOU DID IT YOUR FLOWERING WOOOOOOOT

• Like Like x 1
  6. Looks to be a very nice site!

7. So is that a bud coming ?

8. Yo! Robbie7.. ur doing great dude.. pistils typically start at end of first week or in week 2. Some growers skip the first week of flowering and count the weeks from when pistils first start forming as week 1; which is more than likely what you've witnessed. Your plants are doing well.. some plants take a while to change in flower as its progressive and not instant.. you can use bud blood and such however to encourage this veg to flowering change or transition a little faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yessir. You're going to see a lot of sugar leaves growing in first. That's what all the new growth is. They help the plant gather more energy before the big flower. Pistils and calyx are right behind it.

10. Technically yes sugar leaves are part of the bud because you do a "haircut" when you trim. Sugar leaves are very smokable.

11. I'm making hash from then I think from the sugar leaves

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well yes use the trimmings from them but I wouldn't try too hard to get them out. They get intertwined in the flower and you would end up damaging too many trichomes getting them out. You'll have more than enough from trimmings alone. You'll end up with some frosty sun leaves near the top of the kholas. Obviously these are smokable but would bexpect ample for hash also.

13. Yeah I got 1 plant but it has over 25 bud sites so I think it will be good

14. Oh hell yeah lol

15. But it's my first grow so I don't know lol

16. Well looks pretty damn good for a first timer. Stick to what you're doing. Definitely working and remember patience is a virtue. Hard to say how much you'll end up with. Depends how fat your buds get. I'm hoping they get fat enough to start covering up sun leaves.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks man, and yeah hope thy get fat too

18. One secret to big buds! At the end of your decided vegetation stage do a prune of up to 30% of the small growths, leaf foliage from soil upward.. have a skeletal base.. then bend out gently the tallest stems with your forefinger and thumb bending as you move up the stem. Force tall branches outside the canopy so they match small mid growth heights .. doesn't matter how thick, they will bend slightly.. and even if u feel a little snap or crunch this is what we call 'super-cropping' which ironically strengthens stems and can lead to bigger buds!! Any big leaves that you think will block inner growth development bend or prune off.. leave her for 2-3 days to recover with some extra cal-mag in her nutrient feed but cut other nutrients down to half just before you put her into flower so she's ready for new feed regimen.

Another tip I do.. the days before I put my ladies in flower I wait till their veg lights goes off.. I then set the timer and leave her in darkness a full day before I start the 12/12. E.g. My schedule is 7pm - (next day) 1pm for veg.. my Veg light goes off at 1pm on my 18/6 schedule.. supposed to be back on at 7pm but instead I keep light off till the next day at 9pm where I start my 12/12 from 9pm to 9am.. hope you get it? It makes the transition smoother and they flower slightly faster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk