1 Unknown, 5 Ghost Ship, 2 Northern Lights AF

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by toolzor, May 21, 2018.

1. Grabbed some real cal-mag to add into my current nutes. Did quite a bit of pruning to let the light penetrate a bit more. Did a ton of defoliation of my clones and autos. They were pretty much filling up the entire area. Normally I wouldn't take off as much as I did from the clones but, I really needed to shock them to stunt growth. Starting to think I might need to actually trash some of them since I really don't have room for all of them :(

Got some decent close ups of the autos, as well as the girls in the flower tent. I threw two of my "seedlings" into the flower tent to try and force sex them, might just let them do their thing since I don't have a lot of options for space. They are actually almost two months old from seed, they've been chopped down several times, but I had to give them more room, they were obviously very heavily root bound, most of the growth was yellow and dying so I gave them three gallon pots and threw them into the flower tent. Honestly I hope they turn out to be boys so I can trash them and not feel bad about it :p

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. 2nd day of cal-mag. Some shots of the clones day 2 of massive defoliation as well as my autos.

Attached Files:

3. Was beginning to think my autos were doing something funky, as they were doing some stretching but at the same time popping up new bud sites all over the place. I've been letting it go until now, come to find out this is something called "foxtailing" which can be the result of too much heat (which I doubt since it doesn't get any warmer than 79 in there) or being too close to the lights.

I had a displaced HLG65 from when I added the QB304 to my flower tent, so I raised the one that was in there, and added the second HLG65. Moving the heat/light intensity away from them and adding more even light.

Hopefully over the next few days I should see less of the foxtailing and more dense bud development. Hopefully I don't have to chalk it up to a loss but, I did pretty much neglect them for about a month until I saw buds develop.

Attached Files:

4. Got some nice close bud pictures of my big girls.

Attached Files:

5. mmmmm bud close ups.

Definitely starting to swell now. Tried to bend a branch over because it was about a half inch away from the light, and my hands are supeeeer sticky. The last couple of days have been pretty surreal.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Took some indepth looks at my autoflowers and veg area.
    Couple of things to note here, I'm fairly certain at this point I've ruined the autoflowers. They are foxtailing pretty bad, and despite my best efforts, it seems I'm not really making any headway in taming that. At this point I'm just letting them grow, but I'm expecting nothing from them, we'll see what happens.
    The clones vegging in there with them are going to be thrown away this weekend. Why? I simply don't have enough room in that area to keep chopping them down, and I really don't even know what strain that is, so there's no sense in really doing anything about it until I have time.

The NL AFs look pretty up close, and they smell good, but at the end of the day I think the stresses of the heat/humidity in the veg area caused the fox tailing, and there's not a whole lot I can do about that right now due to limited funding.

There are also some decent shots showing the two separate areas for anyone interested.

Next go around, I have actually started planning, which is something I did not do during this grow, but hey, it was my first time.
    Tomorrow I will be ordering some Grandaddy Purp, Purple Haze, and Purple Kush beans, which will go in the ground probably as soon as I get them. Which should give me about a month to six weeks to veg before moving them in to flower. I might plant a few more NL AFs, since I have four more of those beans, to see if I can get it right this time once those Purp strains go in the ground. Then I can keep the AF plants a little more controlled, and I will be able to manipulate a little more now that my setup is a little more organized than when I began on this journey.

With that being said, more good shots of the buds, trichomes look nice. I don't think (and sure as hell hope) they are not ready, as the buds are making significant changes fattening up from day to day. According to your typical 60 day flowering time, I'm right in the middle at about day 29, tomorrow will be the first month, so I should be right about in the middle. How do they look considerring I'm about half way through flowering?
    I believe I may have a little bit of light burn on a couple of areas, I don't have time to make any adjustments at the moment other than to turn the dimmer down to about 50% until I can raise the lights tomorrow night.

There's also a couple of shots in there of the 2 month old Ghost Ships that I threw into the flowering tent to just let them do their thing rather than throwing them away. They have turned green instead of the yellow that they were, looking pretty healthy but stretchy (not surprising given that they are pretty much just in the shade). They have not yet sexed but, still kind of hoping they are boys that I can throw away without giving too much thought.

Happy Friday the 13th!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ordered another set of 2 QB304s today, can't wait =D

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Added a couple of fans to the top of the ten to move air around the canopy, up until now I've only had fans blowing up from below.

Also, more bud shots.

Attached Files:

9. I ordered 4 of the QB132 (3500k) set of 4 off Amazon the other day and 4 of the MEAN WELL LRS-350-36 to drive them in parallel at 300W for each 4 boards per plant. Lol, I can't wait either! But, I won't be using them until my next grow starting in the beginning of October.

• Like Like x 1
  10. See I see a lot of people that want to use one set of equipment from start to finish, since this is my first grow and I'm learning as I grow, I'll worry about consistency next time around. I've got beans on the way to be put into the ground after the harvest. Grandaddy Purp, Purple Haze, and Purple Kush. Pretty excited to see what QBs look like from start to finish.

11. I'm actually going to test current grow start to finish with the current Viparspectra lights I have, then next grow I'll use the Viparspectra for the veg only and finish flower with the QBs and the 3rd from now will be with only the QBs so I can see what works best from the 3 grows.

I saw you bought some beans. Very cool and I bet you can't wait for all 3 purps to grow through harvest! Lol, Ive had purple haze. Great tasting strain. Some day I'll buy seeds and get something different for my 3rd strain. I'm keeping dosidos and mount hood magic around indefinitely as both are frickin strong as hell!!

12. My old man actually wants the purple haze, I'm not a functional smoker, I want those pure indicas to go night night. I have insomnia real bad, and a good strong indica is the only thing I've ever had that fixes it aside from getting retardedly wasted.

13. Insomnia sucks! I only have it when I don't have any weed. Lol

I just started being able to smoke again. Had to wait for 3 months for a contract to hire job completed the contract and I got hired. Took the whiz quiz last week Tuesday and passed with flying colors! Been smoking my most recent crop since and WOW are they strong. A few small hits and I don't need any for the rest of the evening until it's time for bed.

14. Chopped down most of the oversized clones. One remains to take further clones from just incase the 6 cuttings that I took don't root. Tried some Dyna-Gro cloning gel this time around to test it out for a local shop. Let's see how their cloning gel works, when I was actually prepared to clone.

I have plenty of beans on the way but I want to keep this strain just incase I end up liking it. If I don't like the final product I won't feel bad about just throwing them away.

My air conditioner in my house finally works again, tent stays between 72 with the lights off, and 78 with the lights on. Thank god we figured out my air conditioner problem. The AC also helped regulate my RH quite a bit, I was around 65-80% =X Now I'm down to around 50-55%

Got some shots of the auto flowers in there, you can see how bad of a job I've done at trying to keep them tame with my huge clones hogging a lot of the area as well. Now they should have room to breathe. Going to need to raise that QB a little bit here shortly, it's about 3 inches away, but still doing okay aside from the foxtailing which has calmed down quite a bit. Today the area the clones were in was around 86F and I couldn't figure out what changed. The fan that I have pumping air into that area was unplugged by my wife accidentally thinking it went to something unimportant. Now it's back on pumping cool air into the veg area, hopefully that brings it down at least 6 degrees.

Couple close ups, and a few wide shots. Finally starting to really grow buds up while they fatten up. Super sticky and stinky =D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nice looking plants! The clones look great too.

Were the yellowish close ups taken under your qb304? Is that the color it gives off?

16. Yes, the one that I have is in 2700K, so it's very yellow.

17. As is the third and fourth board that should be here tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 3rd and 4th board. Lol, right on! You getting just the individual boards and drivers through Amazon or a package from HLG?

19. My 304s are not HLG boards. They are from Quantum LEDs. I was skeptical at first, but you see what they are doing =D

It's a whole package deal with Amazon. You still have to do all the wiring, but you don't have to figure out what parts you need. There's a single board with heatsink, driver, and hangers for $170, or dual boards for $299. I have one dual board setup with an HLG65 in there right now, and the two QB304s from Quantum LEDs, which is the same as the setup being deliverred tomorrow.

20. This is the setup a currently have, with a second setup (total of four boards once installed) being deliverred tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1