1 plant 2 main stems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by andromeda261, May 18, 2011.

1. is there a special technique to getting more branches so you have more main colas? i actually burned a seedling on a light when it had 2 leaves on it, and burned the cotyledones and the 1 of it's 2 leaves and i was like shit maybe i can salvage it.
    now it has 2 main stems with about and equal ammount of leaves on them, but none of the leaves are growing right, the plant only produces these deformed leaves. im kinda excited to grow it out and see if it hermies, hopefully it does. but having 2 main colas wouldn't be bad either

2. #2 Rello, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    LST, and Any Training will promote bud sites, and if done properly, will cause all lower branches to act as main cola. You just tie down branches to expose stems to light, this makes them grow wayyy quicker. You can also Top your plant, cut it at the top node, but usualy dont top, unless its a bad sativa that grows nothing.

Good luck though, I probably wouldnt top those plants because of what you describe, just tie them down.

3. i have 13 more that are nice and healthy

4. the lights basically fimmed em, imo. the "fuck i missed" technique described in one of the stickied grow info threads produces strange shaped leaves due to well...the "missing" part of getting the whole new growth, basically like topping, but not cutting at the node, rather pinching off the tip top newest fresh growth to allow the side shoots to do work. and if you miss the and just get half, the leaves will be growing strange untill it gets passed the damage, or well thats my understanding, seems like the light burnt it and fim'd or somehting. please do correct if im worng

5. im not all too sure what happened to it, all of the new growth is messed up too, the plant grows slower than the rest and all the leaves have random jagged edges and nothing seems to be too proportional, i really like this plant though for some reason and am excited to see what happens in the end.