1 of 6 peple in prison are there for WEED!

Discussion in 'General' started by SweetSativa420, Jan 26, 2013.

1. If you would take 5 mins and watch a clip from Penn Gillette on u tube its called Penn's Obama Rant. This dude speaks exactly how me and alot of other people feel. Ive listened to it 10x and my chest hurts when I hear it. Dude speaks with passion too I love it. Check it out and see what you think.

Its amazing 1 of 6 people in prison are there for weed!

At the cost of the taxpayers! No wonder the country is broke!

I say legalize weed tax it and use the money for rehab for people who are hooked on hard drugs and dont want to be but cant afford the treatment it takes to get off of them!

Just turning the people free who are locked up for weed would save the country billions!

2. The country is not broke. The people are broke (and broken) from trying to fund a corrupt system.

CLEARLY the national deficit shows that no matter how much they try and take from the taxpayer, it's never going to be enough. Taxes have remained basically for traditional sake only. It's not like it's putting a fucking dent in the deficit or realistically funding a damn thing. We still spend way more.

The country however is rich with power and control, fed by greed and corruption.

And the elite who made it that way see nothing wrong with it.

It's working just fine. For them.

As far as using the money to send people to rehab, they are doing that. By sending cannabis "addicts" to rehab instead of prison. What the fuck do you think funded and helped build half those rehab centers?

The current "system" of arrests, fines, legal representation (i.e. extortion), rehabilitation, prisons, and the ever present "War" on drugs continues to make those who created it very powerful and wealthy. Again, they see nothing wrong here, other than the fact that legalization is threatening this "system".

And NO ONE is interested in saving this country money when we have to question if those in power are even interested in saving this country.

3. they make good (bad) use of it killing people in foreign nations, and in our everyday life

4. Leeegaliiizzzzeee it!!!!!

5. I will strike down with great anger and furious vengeance those who try to poison my brothers and you will know my name is the lord, when I lay my hand upon the.

6. it is a big money maker all about funding.
    more people in jail=more funding
    and a bigger pie for everyone

7. I disagree. I personally am interested in saving this country money and saving this country as a whole so my son and hopefully my grandchildren will have a decent society to grow up in.

Im not a country hater or a politiician hater and I love my country and I dont have a problem with a war on drugs as they are ruining many young lives! I have many friends and family hooked on real drugs that need some help. Like a brother who is a crackhead and 2 best friends who are hooked on pills!

My problem is with the war on marijuana not the war on drugs!

Marijuana is and should be in a whole different class then the rest of the drugs out there.

8. You can be part of the problem or part of the solution.

Myself I want to be part of the solution!

9. So you're fine with sending your crackhead brother and your pill addicted friends to prison?

That's cool.

10. Thread title is false.

11. I was just about to ask for a valid source that verifies the thread title.

12. Well I think his source is Penn Jillette........I'm pretty sure that # is a little high though.

Doesn't change the fact that even 1 person in prison for a marijuana offense is too many.

13. This is true.

Unless he was smoking a joint while preforming murders..

Well i guess the joint is irrelevant, nevermind haha

14. Yeah but misinformation doesn't help our cause.

It's not like we need it to convince the public about the benefits of legalization.

15. I am in fact ok with my brother going to jail in fact he is about to do 90 days!

Our only hope is it will be 90 days without crack and maybe when he comes out he will go back to work and get back on track to a productive life!

I myself have been down the road of addiction and its a dark lonely sad place to be. I can guarentee you 95% of people addicted to drugs (not weed weeds not a drug in my book) dont want to be on the drugs they are on!!! I know it to be a fact!

16. I believe in freedom of choice when it comes to drug use. The problem is addiction takes away freedom of choice which is why I oppose highly addictive drugs. You have the freedom to say yes but not the freedom to say no.

17. It shouldnt matter where the facts come from as long as they are facts.

If you watch the video at the end he says can you imagine if your child or loved one was in prison for weed!

I know that would devistate my mom and as the father of a 17 yr old son I know it would devistate me!!!

Since I was 21 Ive lived a law abiding lifestyle before that I was a hoodlum for a few years but most of us grow up. To lock me or anyone up for smoking a little bit of pot would be a disjustice.

I dont know it just sucks having to live like a criminal and feel like a criminal over weed when people get shit faced drunk and drive and wreck and kill people every single day but yet its legal.

18. My best friend growing up got drunk and hit a woman head on killing her and paralized his passenger for life. Good kid from a good family. He did 7 years in prison. Luckily he was only 18 when it happened so hes been able to go on and live a decent life now. Point is if he had just smoked one of those terrible illegal joints instead of drinking some legal beer that night none of this would of happened!

19. But that was my point. Those numbers are not the facts.

20. #20 SweetSativa420, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013

Well said!

Just because you smoke pot or whatever else you do(i like a line now and then and id hit some crack if someone had it, ive done it all but I have no desire to do it regularly) you cant just say oh all drugs should be legal and people should be able to do what they want. Addiction is real as hell and its horrible and it ruins peoples lives forever.

I hate drug drug addiction it ruins people, its tears families apart, it hurts our country as a whole and eventually kills people way too soon.

So like I said Im all for the war on drugs just not the war on weed!

Just my opinion.