1 month into flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by doobydoo420, Mar 2, 2009.

1. alright so i started from seed.
    they started to sprout on Jan 13. then i let them veg until Feb 5th then i switched to 12/12

it obviously took a couple weeks to sow any flowers. they finally did and that was a little more than a week ago.

im pretty much flat broke until i start working again this spring so when i had money it all went to starting this grow.

i bought flora nova nutes but only for vegging.
    i still have no bloom nutes so they havent had any nutes since i switched to 12/12, i dont now how bad that is for them, if at all. im sure it will affect the yeild some.

how do they look for this far along in flowering?

any advice for nutes?
    :wave::hello::wave::hello::wave::hello::wave::hello::wave::hello::wave::hello::wave::hello::wave::hello::wave::hello::wave:

Attached Files:

2. They look very healthy! What lights are you using? You're doing welll, just get the flowering nutes when you can, they're good for now.

Do I spy tin foil?

3. well ive got CFL's in there and no no, thats not tin foil. thats foil tape. used for duct work and such.
    i didnt really think of that being foil unti now. should i put some sorta other tape over it?

4. heres another question for this thread.........

how high above the tops should my CFL's be?

5. WOW those look beautiful.
    also I've been told 1-3 inches away from the plant top or whatever ....if you could give me any tips on like what you did to get those suckers like that i'd love it...I haven't got to growing yet but give me about a day and I will start

6. well i started them in peat pellets. then they went to 8oz styrofoam cups. my mistake was putting them in 44oz fountain drink cups and then they got rootbound. but ya i never really even fed them that many nutes when they were vegging. i was just hoping for the best. this is my 2nd grow. this is the firs time ive ever flowered

7. I think your going to be happy with your result they look wonderful.
    also...What soil are you using? I have Miracle Gro....I heard I could grow with it but it is bad...and I can't find out why...do you know?

8. I've been told miracle gro soil is too acidic, dunno if there's any truth to that. I've used miracle gro nutes and had no problems

9. ya im not positive on that reason i just steer clear of it. they might not have good nutes in it and/or its time release nutes which is not good. id go with fox farm ocean forest.
    growing with miracle grow anything is a bad idea. maybe not since its your first time, but growing weed is not hard so just use the correct stuff. good luck and start posting with pictues and questions for more help.

10. actually, when i was doing my last transplant i ran out of fox farm so i went to home depot and got a bag of soil for like $4 and it wasent miracle grow, i think it was scotts or sumthing. check that out maybe

11. Your plants look good, job well done. But I will tell you that those flowers would be bigger if you purchased a high pressure sodium light and used some high quality soil such as Fox Farm Ocean Forest......it makes a big difference.

Good luck!!:D

12. ya i am using fox farm ocean forest, but its also in a tiny cabinet so HPS was not an option this time around

13. Miracle Gro soil has time-released fertilizer in it, which can kill MJ plants, particularly young sprouts.

Keep the CFLs within 1-2 inches, much beyond that and the light intensity falls off too much.

I'd say you are more like 2 weeks into flowering, not a month. Start counting from when flowering actually begins, which is not necessarily when you start 12/12.

14. ok, thats what i was confused on. even in my medical handbook bible by cerventas said its 6 to 9 weeks from when you switch to 12/12.

toastybiz, i think you are right about it being about 2 weeks. how do you think they look for no nutes adn everything?

15. I think they look pretty damn healthy. One thing you could do, and I'm gonna leave this up to some others too, is I would continue using your nutes, just like 1/2 of what you were using and supplement with some blackstrap molasses. The N-P-K ratio is different for flowering plants than it is vegging plants, but the molasses is supposed to be a great booster for flowering plants. From what I've read, 1 tsp. per gallon? or is it one Tbsp. per gallon? Can't remember. There's a sticky on it somewhere...

16. thanks man, i actually just walked in the door from buying a bottle of molasses. i read the stickey, i think in the advanced section. but i could not find the blackstrap. i saw that it was ok to use Grandma's original unsulphured molasses. hope it works.
    im going to take a before pic of the buds then 24hrs after then 48hrs after and see how much the swell

17. I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION!!
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

i have plants one is in fox farm ocean forest and the other is in some soil i got from home depot. i think it was scott brand or something. it wasent miracle grow

my problem is that i watered them on the same day after i transplanted and now the fox farm plant is dry and needs water but the other one with the scott soil is still wet below the surface. i shouldnt have mixed that oil with something should i have?

thanks in advance:hello:

18. *DISCLAIMER-I am no way saying this is the right or wrong way. I myself have grown to believe that "flowering" starts at the first signs of flowers. (Which in my case, always start in Vegging, due to pre-flowers) But I actually have started counting from the "Real Signs" of flowering(normally 7-14 days after the flip to 12/12) I STRONGLY believe in checking the Trichs, is a major factor in harvest. I also think of the flowering times provided by the breeders are just guidelines. I am also in NO WAY trying to start arguments. I have posted 1 of these emails in another thread, where some A-hole had to be put in his place, for trying to say I was "lying" about the emails, because the breeder wouldn't say something that stupid. When I posted a pic taken DIRECTLY from the breeders website, and provided him with a link to the breeder's website and the breeder's email address..... Needless to say the A-hole never commented back. I'm not doing this for any reason but bringing knowledge to the rest of my bro's and sis. I am not saying I agree with the breeders. I just emailed them and watever they emailed me back, I have posted. All I did is google "When do you start counting flowering", and watever cannabis community I was registered to, I posted this in the threads best suited. NO MATTER HOW OLD THEY WERE!
    So please, I hope u guys can appreciate the time I took to write these breeders. And out of 12-15 breeders that I wrote, these 2 were the only 2 that responded, IMMEDIATELY! All I have done is copied and pasted from my email to thread. If I get more replies, I plan on startin a thread based on this topic. "When do BREEDERS start counting....."

I know this thread is OLD as hell. BUT!!!!!! After reading a bunch of different websites, I decided to write a breeder myself, and see if they would respond. I decided to go with Greenhouse Seeds, and they replied my email in less than 24 hours. I am only posting this to help any future people wondering when the breeders themselves start counting. I hope this help someone in the future. Now I know that this is only 1 breeder, and I will try to email a few more, but for now....... Here is a copy of my email from Greenhouse Seeds.
    Happy Holidays,
    Drdodge29
    Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXX(my name doesn't matter),

Thank you for your email.

You start counting from the moment you switch the light to 12/12. The
    flowering time depends on which strain you are growing. If you completed the
    flowering weeks and the hairs are still quite white you can leave them a bit
    longer. When 20-30% of the hairs become brown they are ready.

Kind regards,

GHSC

This next 1 is from Ceres Seeds.

I'm gonna start adding these Disclaimers to my posts, to avoid arguments. LMFAO!

*THIS DOES NOT MEAN I AGREE WITH THESE EMAILS, AND THAT IS THE CORRECT WAY. I AM JUST POSTING THEM TO ANSWER PEOPLE'S QUESTIONS ABOUT WHEN BREEDER'S STAR COUNTING.

*I hope I don't offend any breeder's out there by posting these emails. This is for the SOLE purpose of people's E-JEW-MAH-KAY-SHION(EDUCATION FOR THOSE WHO AREN'T EDUCATED, LOL. JUST KIDDIN PPL. SMILE!). It does NOT mean that we are actually growing any cannabis. Unless it is allowed in our country[​IMG].

Hai xxxxxxxx.(once again my name is IRRELEVANT[​IMG])

the correct answer would be from the moment you switch from 18/12 to 12/12.
    Of course the stated flowering times are indications. You might want to flower a
    couple of days longer or shorter, depending on your circumstances .

Good luck.
    Louis

Ceres Seeds Amsterdam
    PO Box 10213
    1001 EE, Amsterdam

Email: info@ceresseeds.com