1 million view needed to legalize

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by solidsnake112, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Marijuana is far less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco. Around 50,000 people die each year from alcohol poisoning. Similarly, more than 400,000 deaths each year are attributed to tobacco smoking. By comparison, marijuana is nontoxic and cannot cause death by overdose. According to the prestigious European medical journal, The Lancet, "The smoking of cannabis, even long-term, is not harmful to health. ... It would be reasonable to judge cannabis as less of a threat ... than alcohol or tobacco."

spread this important factual video and rate & subscribe...thanks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Bn0Tp8Ers]YouTube - The Facts - Marijuana[/ame]

2. #2 Free The BIRDS, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
    1 million views man!!! are you really promising the legalization for a million views on a youtube video?

i lol'd.

edit: pretty nice vid to spread some facts, thanks

3. loooooooooooool...im buzzing hehe :)

4. What does the video and legalization have to do with the number of views? It doesn't matter if the video is viewed a BILLION times, not a goddamned thing will change.

5. I wanna start a petition and see if I can get 1 million signatures to legalize marijuana ^_^. Anyone wanna help me revolutionize america?

6. this video is a great example for education..its a fact

7. If only we could pass laws because of youtube views. This would be a much different country. Idiocracy comes to mind.

8. In WA, in order to introduce an Initiative on the ballot, you must have a minimum of 241,153 valid signatures to introduce it for a citizen vote. If you scale that up to national level, you will need 12,057,650 valid voter signatures. Unfortunatly, there is no national citizen's initiative.

9. dude, u got it. pro.:cool:

10. I liked that video, lol at the view thing though

11. Why dose it say in that video that marijuana is toxic?? :confused:

12. This is a great video.
    I love how many thing they can find that are good about Marijuana but the little harm it could do to your lungs(Which could be stopped by the use of a vaporizer so you don't get smoke in your lungs) is enough to stop them from legalizing it. Yet cigs are legal?

13. It is.
    However, the LD50 (lethal dose in aprox. 50% of the population) is very, VERY high.

14. #14 pgrowsoul, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
    The LD50 for smoked cannabis is so high that you would have a tough time smoking enough of even the most potent strain in a given time frame to actually start to observe any type of pathology (IDK maybe if one was determined and stupid enough and had a LARGE amount off budder you could pull it off). But the fact is you would probably fall asleep before you ever even got close. THC and it's analogs do not cause the anandamide receptors within the synapse to withdraw within the cell membrane due to excess stimulation nor do they interfere with endogenous system once eliminated from the synaptic cleft (two neurochemical effects commonly regarded as acute and nuerotoxic with other substances). As far as carcinogenic effects, well any time organic matter is burned it is bound to release carcinogens such as bezenes and pyrols but maybe greatly offset by the anti-caner effect of cannabinoids (comprehensives details still up in the air) and is most likely less carcinogenic than a cup of coffee. As far as tobacco goes, well, I highly doubt it carcinogenicity is simply the result of inhaling combustion products of the plant matter (do a search on the use of rock phosphate as fertilizer). Think of cannabis as a gift from mother nature, right up there with oxygen and water (two substances that are far easier to OD on than THC).

15. I think this video, while visually appealing, falls very short of properly arguing the winning bullet points of marijuana legalization.

It only addresses the health concerns. There is so much more.