1 gram per watt is easy

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CaliNorthCoast, Dec 6, 2013.

1. I see a lot of people set their goals at 1 lb per 1000 watt light (.45 gpw) this is a good baseline for beginners but the truth is 2 lbs is not a HUGE feat. Where I'm from 1.5 is the average and we like to call ourselves the hub of indoor. Realistically all you need to do is figure out your canopy and keep your plants pampered. One missed watering and your not getting 2 per. In my opinion the best set up for an 8 foot tall room is to have the plants on the ground. The ebb and flow trays take up too much height, especially when you always want to have your top colas 18 inches away from the light. 9 plants in 5 gallon pots under each light is the perfect combo (IMHO) one netting set about 16-24 inches off the top of your pots to create a canopy. Research light penetration. Use good synthetic nutrients with soilless coco (NO SOIL) and also FOILAR FEED. I will be setting up a grow journal soon for my 6000 watt room and hopefully I can help some fellow gardeners. Sorry for the short post but it's all I have time for at the moment.

2. would love to see your grow room.

3. I will post pictures of the 6 lighter room. I enjoy it much more then the bigger ones because you can really focus on each plant. I will start a grow journal tonight most likely. Hope to hear some input from you on it,

4. I'm in. I'm only on my 3rd grow, but my goals aren't .45gpw. This grow I'm hoping for over that. Not really sure how much weight to expect from what I have. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks from the switch to 12/12 and they're already looking really nice. I'm only on a 1000W with an XXXL hood though. Feel free to check out my grow as well. 

5. ya man no prob would love to pull up a chair and help along the way :)  :bongin:

6. Going into growing I thought there was a lot of work involved in a big yield. Now granted I'm only 1/2 way thru flower on my first grow but I quickly realized it's not hard or complicated, people like to overcomplicate it and all you need to do is keep your hands off of them with a little tlc here and there. I look at my plants and I look at other first grows and I scratch my head trying to figure out why they try and outsmart themselves. I use very little and I think for my little 400w 4 plant setup is turning out awesome plants...

7. yep same hear my 4 plant 400w is awesome to :) this is my 12th crop and going strong 

8. I feel the same. I can't wait to see how much I get from this setup. As I said this is only my 3rd. The first was with 3 bagseed and I didn't get the light until halfway through, and my last grow was much better, but didn't get my XXXL hood until halfway through flower. So this is my first grow with my real setup. It's looking nice. I have no idea what to expect though. I know it's looking like a lot of bud and I should have tons of trim for a ton of cannabutter. 

9. looking forward to seeing it mate, however i will be jealous as fuck

10. ya wish i could grow at that level 

11. I have averaged 1lb (450g) / 600w twice now, but you are right I feel there is much more potential for growth.  I'll check back sometime and let you know that max I've gotten.

12. Yeah, if I had to guess just by looking at my canopy in person I'd guess I'll pull around 1.5lbs. maybe. I'm hoping. I really like DWC though. That makes it take off. That and when I do plants in soil, I changed to organic and it made a huge difference as well. Even just buying some "organic" soil from my garden store made a big difference over shitty soil. I really like DWC and the growth rates though. I'm likely going to switch entirely to DWC. It's just so fast. 

13. so if I want 3,571 pounds, I should use 100000w, awesome