1 gallon per 1 foot of plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mokepot, Sep 7, 2006.

1. yea i got some 10'' i guess they are 2 gallon pots, is it true for every gallon that will support a foot of growth? so if i grew in these they would only be 2 feet tall? i think i'm just gonna plant the seeds straight into their home and not do any transplanting is this a good idea? i really only want my plants 3 or 4 high will these pots work? or should i just get 5 gallon, but then will they grow taller than 3 or 4 feet in the 5 gallon pots? thanks for any help...:smoking:

2. Yeah about 1ft per gallon pot. If you keep them in the same pot they will keep growing but if they don't have enough room they will die, so I if were you I would finally end up in the 5 gallon pot.

3. If you plant straight into a 5 gallon, what is the best way to water a seedling in a 5 gallon bucket? Do you water until all of the top soil is wet, or what?

4. Ive read that some people use peat pots because you can plant them into thier permanent homes with the seedling still in it, and that helps you contain / lessen / monitor, water intake.

5. Is that a robust UKgallon, or a weedy American gallon???

6. Hey Spanishfly don't diss my gallons! I have gotten over a foot of growth from a one gallon pot, so it's not a rule, just an average.

7. lol i guess american :) we like to be stingey.

8. lmao:D
    I have only managed to find 3 gallon buckets in the uk :eek: anyone know where to find 5 gallon buckets?

found this pic ages ago that blows that rule to sh*t

[​IMG]

9. how big is that pot? what kind of soil? thanks

10. LMAO ^^^ mad sex plant

11. yes the rule is BS... but the rule is safer than staying in a smaller pot. That guy wiht that large plant in the pot would be watering at least 3 times per day. My plants in large pots drinks alot of water and i water them 2 times a day, i can only imagine the constant watering on that plant in that small pot.

Small pots can grow huge plants as long as you give it the water and nutrients it needs.

for 5 gallon use 5 gallon paint tubs that comes with paint in it, simply put holes at the bottom sides. Down here we can get 6" pots all the way up to 25 gallon Pots.

12. The only thing robust about the uk is the shits you get from eatin the food. cheers m8

13. So American cuisine is good, right?? No, that´s why you are all such lard asses.

14. LoL... This guy...

15. why do countries have to be brought into this? ... anyways... 1 gallon per foot is the safest way to grow.... like others said u would have to water more often in a smaller pot... easier to spend a few dollars on a bigger pot

16. Getting back to topic, my girls are in 11 UKgallon pots, I think that is about 13 USgallons. They are only about 5´tall - but so bushy.