Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

1/4 a cup of cannabutter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by w33dgirl, Aug 17, 2012.

1. #1 w33dgirl, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    Hey guys, i've seen mad recipes for cannabutter.. but they're all for like a cup of butter, a pound of butter, with an ounce of weed etc....

I just need a 1/4 a cup of cannabutter for this recipe i'm trying to try out.
    When i've tried to make my own little ratio-ing, some people say I'd need a 1/16 of Exotic, some say up 4g's of exotic.....

How much bud would you do? High quality shit,
    also how much bud for some regg.

So give me your own recipes.

I also read somewhere if i'm looking for a 1/4 a cup of cannabutter i should put in more of butter and bud b/c i'm losing some in the whole process.

2. #2 Cage22, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    Hey i recently made a batch with 1/4 cup of butter and 5 grams of high grade Sour Kush!
    Well i can say it was a success because i made 20 brownies off it (.25 in each) and 1 gets serious stoners very high!!!!!

Ok so first of all you must decarb your green, break the buds into smaller pieces and place it evenly ona peice of aluminum foil, wrap it up. Preheat the oven to 200 F, put the green in the oven for 20-30 minutes..
    Once done grind into a powder (it should be crunchy and break on touch & reek), melt your 1/4 cup of butter and add a cup of water, you want your element on the lowest setting probably around 200-230 F & add the green, you want to lightly simmer it for 23 and a half hours, yes this long.
    once simmered you now must strain with a cheese cloth, it is better to soak it before straining with water to ensure the least amount of lost product. Squeeze it out good, not put it in the FREEZER to soldify.. leave it in for about 2 hours, now transfer it into a room temp enviroment, two layer will form butter and water poke the butter and drain the water.
    Now melt that shit down and cook whatever the fuck you want !!!
    hope this helps :), if you follow exactly what i said i guarantee you will have a potent butter!

*EDIT*
    When cooking your food after the butter is made remeber to keep the temps atleast 25 degrees below 300 F, 300 is a number you must hate and avoid at all costs.
    It will destroy some of the properties of the butter if temps exceed 300 F

3. Thanks sooo much! :) Way more bud than i expected, but sure to get fucked up on lol.
    And SUPER thanks on the 300F thing, i had no idea about that!

4. No problem, trust me on this recipe follow it right and you will have some super potent butter.
    .25 to smoke wouldn't phase these guys but with my brownies it makes them sleep! :hello::smoke:
    this is what i used to make em
    http://forum.grasscity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=953718&stc=1&d=1345107080
    this is what im smoking now:D

Tell me how it works out for you!

5. IMG_0622.jpg
    idk why it didnt show up in the last post :confused:

6. I agree with everything it his post except for simmering the herb for 23 hours and adding a cup of water. You could do it in about 1h30-2h if you don't add the water. It dillutes your solvent and pulls out bitter salts and stuff you don't want in your butter. Also, if you keep it in there for 20h+ your material gets 'decarbed twice' (results in degradation of cannabinoids). In my experience there is really no need for anything above 2h (if water is not used)

7. It removes much of the taste of the green and which is mostly in the chlorophyll (water soluble) the water also protects from over-heating and vaporization unless the OP has a candy thermometor i advise against your faster methods. Remember:smoke: good things take time