.003g = Four Years In Prison!

Discussion in 'General' started by BluntBurna, Feb 8, 2008.

1. A father-of-three who was found with a microscopic speck of cannabis stuck to the bottom of one of his shoes has been sentenced to four years in a Dubai prison.

A search by customs officials uncovered a speck of cannabis weighing just 0.003g - so small it would be invisible to the naked eye and weighing less than a grain of sugar - on the tread of one of his shoes.

This is unbelievable. Some countries have there laws so twisted and backwards it's ludicrous. United Arab Emirates needs to take a deep hard look at their laws.

Link: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...an+a+grain+of+sugar+under+his+shoe/article.do

2. Hahaha, WOW, someone punked that ***** out! Oh well, sucks for him. Atleast it aint me.

3. what the hell.....

dont some countries still give death by firing squad for DUI? first offense

4. I wanted to go to Dubai... Thats insaine. I heard laws were steep there but, holy shit.

5. Dubai.... enough said!

6. Thats fucked.

7. Oh shit, that sucks major ass for him.

8. One man has even been jailed for possession of three poppy seeds left over from a bread roll he ate at Heathrow Airport. Painkiller codeine is also banned.

"Customs authorities are using highly sensitive new equipment to conduct extremely thorough searches on travellers and if they find any amount - no matter how minute - it will be enough to attract a mandatory four-year prison sentence."

:eek: dont want to go there anymore. i wanted a cool continent shaped island too :(

9. So I know I aint going to doobie anytime soon.

10. Honestly?!?!

"For that sort of amount common sense should prevail, from where it was found it was obviously something that had been crushed on the floor - it could have come from anywhere."

last time i checked you cant buy .003 gram bags....

11. And you guys are so quick to bitch about the U.S...

12. That shit sucks, that guy definatly got the short end of the stick :(

13. Ok, how did they find a 0.003 stuck on his shoe? Do they inspect every square inch of someone's shoe?

14. :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

15. Zero-tolerance is intolerable!!! :mad:

16. \

I thought the US was horrible for there laws but thats just beyond ridiculous it should be illegal for places with laws like that to exist.

17. this.....