“This country was founded to prevent anybody from making it up as they went along.”

Discussion in 'General' started by Rasta_Man, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Absolutly outstanding. I was really looking foreward to watching him last night but i fell asleep before the 12 oclock re run (very very stoned).

I love these special comments, yet for some reason people generally dont respond much to them on this forum.

2. It's that very apathy that has put us (the fates of Canada and America are tied) in this perdicament.

3. ??? :confused:

4. so true, stupid americans voting him in.. heck i wouldnt be suprised if he was voted in again

5. good speech...It's pretty much the truth...you know like I was thinking about the whole checks and balances issue a while back...and I came to the realization that it is not so much balanced right now, that much is obvious...it's like the Executive, is aided by Congress to push its agenda (at least now, bc both houses are Republican controlled), and the Judicial is right there with them you know, a conservative court right now....so it's like totally unbalanced...for now. And that's fucked. Completely free to push the agenda of the executive...nothing to keep the executive in check right now...except the people.

When was the last time all three branches were controlled by one party?...maybe never.

6. Haha they already did in 2004.

He's serving his second and final term... and we still have a little over two years to go *sigh*.

7. Bush gets such a bad rep (deservingly), but people dont seem to realize its not all his fault. Actually, its not his fault at all. Hes just a puppet for the real owners of this country. Does not matter who gets elected president, we are on a steep slope and nothing can change that unless we start having some radical change in voting, such as trying out a third party (cant be worst than what we have now).

8. People find it tough to believe the reality of a shadow government.

They reject it because they are told something different their entire lives.

9. the two party system is the downfall IMO.

i don't know how many of you heard about illinois former governer george ryan being convicted and what not...but his treasurer Judy Barr Topinka(R) ran an ad against incumbent governer rod blagojevich saying "if you don't like the current governor, you don't have any other choice for who to vote for"

and she's right. and it's horrible.

to be honest i don't want either in the governor's spot because blagojevich is doing some dirty stuff already and will be next to george ryan in an orange jump suit if he gets voted back in, and judy barr topinka let george ryan pocket 600,000 from the state budget, though she claims not to have been in cahoots with ryan.

but if you vote third party, your vote is basically wasted.

so what's left?

ooh by the way, great vid. 5 minutes of hard hitting journalism at it's best.

10. exactly. Thats why I really like olbermann. He tries to get people fired up and angry about things by pointing out that we have a voice and we can try to change this, and if we just sit by it will only get worse.