( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).... HeadyHunters Glass Family Pick Ups ....( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by HeadyHunter, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Agreed.

2. My God... that drop top is beautiful

3. #23 HeadyHunter, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
    It has been glued to my face since I got it, dosin' daily

Here were some photos I snapped while watching Andy Ray & his son/partner David Sigler throw down on some marbles. Was really fun watching these guys in the shop, just wish I knew my way around the torch a bit so I could have messed around. Hopefully I'll get to try my hand at melting some boro in the near future. 

Andy Ray of Galactic Glass (Eugene, OR)

[​IMG]

David Sigler of Galactic Glass (Eugene, OR)

[​IMG]

Check out their works via the Heady Hunter hand blown glass art gallery, www.headyhunter.com 

4. Love that hanshaw crystals, those are some of my favorite pieces of glass period. Didnt know you popped up here too :wave:

5. #25 HeadyHunter, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2013
    Hi Jason  :wave:

A faceted crystal is next on the acquisitions list. And this will be my only spot for posting along with Instagram. 

Since we are on one of my favorite topics; Jack's work. I have a big folder of all the OG work I could find of his. There are a lot more but, I'll share a few of my favorites. 

Hanshaw Parrot Fish Murrine c. 2001

[​IMG]

OG Hanshaw Dotstack/Lattacino Hammer (He rarely makes dries or anything for flowers)

[​IMG]

OG Lattacino Mini Tube

[​IMG]

6. Nice glass! I enjoyed viewing your thread. Thanks for posting!  :)

7. #27 HeadyHunter, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013
    One of my favorite David Sigler Vortex Marbles. Hard to really explain how deep the vortex goes down, and the raking on the backing is equally well done. Play in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95tOCzfivaQ

8. #28 HeadyHunter, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
    Pretty stoked, got my first international commission. These pieces are by Matasaka Joei of Caspol Glass out of Japan. He has a lot of variation within his designs & forms. Can't wait to see his work in hand. The order won't be finished up probably until the end of the week so it shouldn't be until the start of next month that these become available.

[​IMG]

9. Very cool man. Do you know what technique he uses to make those? They don't really look sandblasted from those pics, are they decals? Pretty awesome either way

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #30 HeadyHunter, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
    It is a sandblasting technique, but I'm right there with you, don't quite know how he achieves a lot of the effect. To me it looks like the "gold layer" is cerium polished over the clear/black glass and than he blasts away at it. At least from what I've seen he rarely (if ever) duplicates an entire image. They aren't decals (from what I've read) and the color hue on them will change in various light. Don't quote me on any of this I had to read translated pages of descriptions of his work  :rolleyes:

Here is another fun one which is sandblasted down w/ clear rather than the black. 

[​IMG]

11. I said I'm going to try and add more shots of meds and a bit less glass so here is what I'm going to be chiefing on for the next couple weeks.

15 grams of some oregon grown nug in organic soil, really some great starting material

[​IMG]

12. Some carved boro goodies coming in from Harold Williams Cooney. Going to be getting a lot more of his awesome work in the future. The ring is called for by a friend but, if you see something that peaks your interest let me know!

[​IMG]

13. #33 HeadyHunter, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2013
    The "Orbital Opulence" Talisman 
    Collaboration between Bo Howe (Glass) and Jason Burrus (Metal & Stones) 
    Borosilicate Glass Cab w/ Encased Opal, Marquise Cut Smokey Quarts, 4 x Citrines, 2 x White Topaz, 4 x Peridots and an Oval Cut Blue/Green Sapphire in .925 Argentium Silver and 14 kt. Yellow Gold-Filled 

[​IMG]

14. #34 HeadyHunter, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
    Scooped this up today from Taylor Sims because a customer asked me to hunt down some of his work for him. It is a sick double layered sherlock with 3 opal nib attachments. The buyer is super stoked too be giving this bad boy a new home. 

[​IMG]

15. #35 HeadyHunter, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
    These sandblasted pendants arrived yesterday from Japan. The majority of which have already been sent off to their new homes. Really stoked to begin working more with Masataka Joei more often as his work is super cool. The two outermost pieces were gifts, which I will cherish and the two centermost egyptian discs are persona; pick ups for myself and a good friend.

[​IMG]

16. How much ?? That thing is beautifull

This piece was sold to a private collector who had me specifically track down some of Taylor Sims double layer work for him. If you're interested in something similar shoot me an email to drew@headyhunter.com and I'll do my best to make it happen. ~Cheers.

18. Some goodies I picked up from local artist Dellene Peralta, the two small heels are pendants and the big one is a dry pipe.

[​IMG]

19. <span><span>Got to hang out with the boss Contrabasso at his shop yesterday and hand picked an awesome selection of his latest images, which he expertly encased into pendants. Really love the new "contra-perc" image, hope to see a lot more of it pop up in his future work. </span></span>Will be making a bunch of improvements to my website www.headyhunter.com over the course of this next week, hopefully the pictures come out good since I finally had some extra funds to buy nicer equipment.

[​IMG]

20. #40 HeadyHunter, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013
    Really stoked to add this monster 3.43 inch Kaj Beck orb from 2007 titled Purple Sahara Sunset into the collection. This mib is #29 in his sunset/oasis series. I love anything paradise themed, but this is sure to set off the collection. I gotta a small cactus plant that is going to look awesome right next to it on my work desk aswell. Hope everyone is having an equally awesome week. 

Photo credit: Brian Bowden of Glass Orbits.
    [​IMG]