Saddest grow ever

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Mixted, Aug 30, 2011.

1. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411926257.646490.jpg here is what I have got out of the critical hog so far. 76 grams dried from two plants. The weed is stony but the smell is not good, has been curing in jars for like two weeks now and it smells like green tea which is not really that bad until you smoke it. Based on the sellers description of this I was expecting a lot more from them.

First they say this is a fast flowering plant. It was not, not only is it a normal length flower (8.5 weeks) but mine required a very long veg time. The last round I was tired of waiting and put them in at 30" after 2 months of veg. Based in their mothers stretch these will not see more than 36" in final height. I have 55" of height to play with and like to use that space. All in all I am gonna save all the bud from the hog and do a Bho round with it . As every other strain I have going is dominating it in every way. Definitely would never purchase or plant this strain ever again.

Sent from the mobile lab

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412217800.750747.jpg
    Lots of progress this little cherry bomb clone is coming along nicely. She got three more companions this week as two mor cherry bomb clones have rooted and one more lemon skunk!!!!!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412218022.416945.jpg
    Flower room is completely packed.
    2 og kush
    1 cherry bomb
    1 lemon skunk
    3 critical hog

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412218257.183465.jpg

Not much as far as bud shots go over a month before anything is harvested but from then on out it is harvest one every week or two and replace which gives plenty of veg time.

Sent from the mobile lab

3. #183 Mixted, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
    Topped everything this week in the veg room the flower room is filling in nicely.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412724572.495718.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412724588.311279.jpg
    First is the back half of the room with the cherry bomb being the tallest at 47" from the soil and the second is the lemon skunk. Both these plants I have been impressed with their vigor and all their traits so far. The lemon skunk is 41" from the soil and though it has not started the bud sites yet it smells amazing.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412724813.644920.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412724825.796565.jpg
    Here is the og kush smells amazing and the buds are really dense and have a great bud to leaf ratio. Though I fear it it is not going to be a super producer it will stay around. I went ahead and made some femmed seeds with this mother and am going to work with this strain for a little bit. I think the clone my buddy gave me was pretty much spent. Hard to explain but will be starting from seed again with this one after harvest.

And now the critical hog. Now I am not one to knock the breeder but this strain is simply garbage in comparison to pretty much anything on the market. I don't do it often but I think I am gonna blast this strain in the smoke reports. I always am one to believe that it is the grower vs the breeder but it can't be the case with this one. I have been growing this strain for a while now and have come to terms with the fact that it is just a shitty strain. Despite the fact that the out door looks way better than the indoor. I planted every seed I had and this was the best I got a low yielding mutant that simply is not good weed.
    So here are the pics. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412725841.310443.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412725854.709858.jpg
    That is the out door which is the best looking this strain has to offer.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412725902.825865.jpg
    And here is a less extreme example of the mutations I have seen with this strain. Double leave sets. And keep in mind this is not the worst of it. I have had a full second 5 leaf grow out of a fan leaf and during flowering a calix forms from the top of fan leaves. Which I will show when these get farther along.

Honestly as a breeder I would be embarrassed that I released this strain when I did. It is simply not stable.

Sent from the mobile lab

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412983705.548554.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412983935.554246.jpg
    Just some bud shots of the og kush as it is now starting to frost up and swell. By far the best freebie I have ever received.

Sent from the mobile lab

5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413766026.579623.jpg
    Critical hog outdoor. Dryers and starting cure. I can already tell that it is despite it being leafier it will be better than the indoor.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413766161.712415.jpg
    Here is the critical hog dried and cured indoor. This batch has been in cure for about 8 weeks. Now the flavor got a lot better and the high is mid shelf at its best. I am so glad to be phasing this out of my grow as everything is looking way better!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413766393.979642.jpg upfront is the lemon skunk and in back is the cherry bomb. These are only like two weeks into flower and are looking and smelling fantastic.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413766488.945313.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413766501.179581.jpg
    Visited my buddies grow today and he kicked down a couple strains for the veg room . First pic is kiber kush, querkel, lemon skunk, cherry bomb. Second pic is northern lights, og kush, lemon skunk and cherry bomb . I love having friends that grow too. Always nice to have lots of strains to trade.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/895565-saddest-grow-ever.html/page-10#entry20749648

6. I am also growing OG Kush but in a pc grow box. I am amazed at how beautiful your plant is, I'm also excited to see how much your final weight is. :)

7. Howd ya do it? I managed to make 6 feminized last grow by luck. Wich is great for us cause we got 6 females now !

8. #197 Mixted, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
    i sprayed a lower branch with colloidal silver. Eventually that branch hermed and I placed a plastic bag around that branch along with a small branch close to it. I poked I couple very small holes in the bag so it could breath a bit. This did prove to be problematic as it did pollinate bud sites around it. I now have over 30 seeds. But no big deal that harvest was for me anyway. But be warned if you do this anything that has been in contact with the colloidal silver can not be used in any way. I did not even put it in my compost bin.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/895565-saddest-grow-ever.html/page-10#entry20749648

Hey sorry to crash your log, I just came across yours and was reading it and I am curious to know if the terrible strain you were talking about is the OG you described and if so where did you get it from? I am planning on ordering some skywalker og seeds and I just want to make sure its not the same breeder that you got yours from :p

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416090926.757556.jpg
    Here is the first of the cherry bomb lots of really good looking and great smelling buds. Little airy but really good looking weed

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416090958.670256.jpg
    First round of the lemon skunk. Super dense, super dank smelling bud. I can't wait for this one to dry out.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416091387.332243.jpg
    This is a harvest of a med patient that I helped them setup a small 500w cfl grow. She ended up getting a really nice harvest out of the critical hog. So her next round I hooked her up with a cherry bomb clone and a pick from my seed book, she picked nirvana's aroura indica. So I will be picking clones of that here eventually.

11. No worries every one is welcome in this grow!

The og kush is really good really wish I knew what its origins are but I was given a clone of it from my buddy. The terrible strain is the critical hog By T.H.Seeds. I have not tryed anything from Reserva Privada seeds but have heard good things.