Nirvana Short Rider Auto Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Aristocat, Apr 12, 2014.

1. #1 Aristocat, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014
    This is my second journal I am starting. I like to keep strains separate so that is why I did not include this plant in my other Northern Light Auto journal. This post will be about the same as the other journal. This plants name is "Randi"

Background: I am brand new to growing and am growing legally. I have family (my brother) who I would like to grow meds for. There is a learning curve so I am excited to start learning and hopefully growing. I suffer from arthritis and at the ripe age of 32 and have been offered hardcore pain drugs. It makes me sad that something like this isn't universally legal but I get offered pills like it is nothing...

Setup: 

Lights: Apollo Horticulture Full Spectrum Grow Light 240w ($159.98 amazon)

Grow Space: My condo in a grow tentAviditi PTU-68 Mylar Reflective Hydroponic Grow Tent with T-Zipper, 36" Wide by 20" Deep by 63" High ($61 amazon)

Soil and nutes: FFOF and FF Trio Nutes (about $15 for a bag of soil from the hydro store and nutes trip about $50 on Amazon)

Air: 6in outake with passive intake

Fan: Some clip fan I got off of amazon for $15. Just enough for the leaves to shimmer. 
    \n\nI will post more soon and pictures!

I am also doing a Nirvana Northern Lights Auto Grow: http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1296061-nirvana-northern-light-auto-grow-first-grow.html

Also a I just started a Headstash Seeds Lychee Kush grow  http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1304183-headstash-seeds-lychee-kush.html

2. #2 Aristocat, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    Let me introduce Randi!

She has a boys name, it is a play on a funny Family Guy episode. My cofarmer (yes I have a rich imagination and call my grow area a "farm") named it as they were the ones to see the sprout make its first way through the soil.

This little one was placed into a jiffy pellet. I just popped the seed into the moist jiffy and about 5 days later it sprouted.

As an aside when I was waiting for my very first seeds to show up I googled jiffy pellets and growing mmj and saw this hilarious YouTube video that some guy posted where he was super high and trying them out. That dude used wayyyyy too much water. Later he complained that many of seeds did not sprout. Too much water.

Anyway I was away at a conference so I was not there for the birth. Once I did get her I put her in my new "seedling station" I set up.

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. Randi kinda freaked me out because she sprouted but still had her seed stuck to her. After reading a ton, I decided to not touch her and let her work it out herself.

Let me tell you... it was tough!

Here is a pic of what I am talking about.

Attached Files:

4. Here is Randi today. She is about a week and a half old. I have her in a 2 gal smart pot.

In the tent I just added two 23w 55k CFLs.

Attached Files:

5. Randi is still doing well at about 10 days old. No smell yet!

Attached Files:

6. Randi is two days older and about 12 days old from sprouting (seed). Because I use FFOF I only give her filtered pH water. She looks like she is growing really well!

Today I noticed a distinct mmj smell from her. I have to really get my old shnazz close to her but it is pretty exciting given she is still pretty young.

She is also starting to show little new growth areas so I am hoping my next update shows some real growth!

At this stage she doesn't need much messing with!

Attached Files:

7. Randi is 17 days old and has grown! I am glad I do these journals because if I was to not look back I would say Randi hasn't grown when that is not the case.

Randi has a stronger smell and I think will be much more pungent then I expected. I am really interested to see if this plant really does keep super small.

Attached Files:

8. 21 days old Randi looking pretty good. In this picture she is begging me for water so after I gave her some. No sign of preflowers or anything like that. So far she has not given me any problems...

I am hoping she starts flowering soon as this strain is supposed to be pretty fast. Also she is smelling so yummy!

Attached Files:

9. Note, I put some non fem short Ryder #2's seeds in jiffy's last night. I am trying to get a male to breed. Maybe I will get lucky and get a female and a male out of the three I put in jiffys. I am going to try to keep them in small containers and I just want them to breed for more seeds. We shall see how that works out and I might just update on this thread.

10. I swear it looks like Randi has grown even more.

If anyone is reading this and has looked at short riders to grow, how small would the plant have to be to make your feel it was a short rider? I wonder if this plant is going to get as tall as the others but be less branchy. I only wonder this for those who want to stealth grow...

11. Ok I really like Randi, beautiful baby.

12. Thanks! I think if you have the space than northern lights are where it is at but this might be a nice little plant. I am hoping it will go into flower soon because it is starting to become a tall rider haha

13. So I found some leaf damage. I looked for bugs but could not find any. Totally sucks. Not sure if I did it myself or what. So I cut what I could find and now if I see more than I know bugs are afoot. Sucks because I have two Northern Lights Ladies in the tent as well. They have no damage. So again, tomorrow and the next day will tell me.

Because I am trying to breed my own auto seeds I bought short rider 2's that were non fem and hope to get a male. Which feels super weird. Haha.

Attached are some coming up from the jiffy. They are pretty robust with strong taproots. One jiffy has shown no signs of life. If it does not tomorrow then I will go ahead and try to germ another seed.

Pics of them and taproot pics attached. One thing, I know people are big on using paper towels and all that but really it is just another step you are taking that you can mess up. I have had such awesome results just letting nature do its thing.

Attached Files:

14. Randi is 24 days today. Still no signs of buds but looking pretty good!

Attached Files:

15. All three of the short rider #2's sprouted! Here they are before I put them in solo's

Attached Files:

16. Here they are in their solos!

Attached Files:

17. Randi is 25 and I noticed a white hair today so flowering is almost here! Here are some pics!

Attached Files:

18. Randi is 27 and more white hairs are showing. What a nice smelling plant Lol She is more powerful than the other two!

I wonder how quick this one will flower and finish!

Attached Files:

19. The little short riders for the breeding project are growing!

Attached Files:

20. At 31days Randi is not giving me the kid of budding action I crave Lol but there are more white hairs so there is that!

Attached Files: