Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Don't seem to get the full effect from an MCT tincture

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by thereeferist420, Apr 26, 2024.

1. For some reason when I use oil-based tinctures, they do not seem to have any effect at all from the orally being absorbed and it takes nearly an hour for me to feel the effects as if I had taken an edible but the alcohol based tinctures come on right quick but I hate the taste of alcohol. What can I do to lessen the horrific taste of the alcohol tincture or is there another type of tincture out there for me to try?
    And I plan to try running the Everclear through a Brita filter because I hear that helps.

2. Can you get some oil instead of tincture? I'm actually cooking down tincture (for the last 30+ hours now). In the end, I will have cannabis extract, honey/red oil, rick simpson oil. Call it whatever you like. I plan on sending this oil for analysis (quantification) and then infuse it into some gummies (creating an edible), but I only choose that because, well it's CBD and I don't mind it taking a while to ingest. Now I could choose to instead infuse some margarine, or butter, or whatever I like, but I imagine if I had it in butter (maybe add some pepper too) that would increase absorption/ingestion, stimulating bile salts in the small intestine and possibly even entering the blood stream thru the stomach lining. Or I could just let it melt under my tongue, bypassing the digestive system, and no need for alcohol.

you can just buy honey oil online nowadays.
    upload_2024-4-26_0-6-29.png

(for example). couple drops under the tongue... and presto!

• Like Like x 1
  3. One way to improve the taste of your alcohol tinctures would be to water cure your cannabis for a week, dry thoroughly, then decarb and make your tincture.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. >Unfortunately, I can't order the oil online as I don't live in Canada. But yes, I don't know why I didn't think of this myself tbh.

that picture I clipped from a Canadian website.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. And as far as I am aware Canada is the only place in the world where cannabis may be purchased nationwide via the internet though I am sure the good old U.S. of A. will be the same way within a decade. Though I am sure there will still be counties in the U.S. that are cannabis dry just as there are counties that are dry of alcohol currently.

• Agree Agree x 1