Volcano Vaporizer NOT GETTING ME STONED AT ALL

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Andy, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Damn was that his first time?

I remember my first time I was taking big rips and I took like 5 or 6 and I'd had a few drinks.. And I just passed out. No convulsions tho..

2. He takes huge rips and holds them forever... that's probably it. The thing is I think (as in it's only a theory) the passing out is the heart being so inefficient due to THC that it fails to oxygenate the brain. As soon as that happens however I think adrenaline is released and the heart gets a big jolt and beats really fast. I took his heart beat and it was over 120.... He's a healthy guy usually he's at 80. 

The reason the heart beats faster when ingesting THC is that it's being made less efficient.... that's due to vasodilation or reduced blood pressure. 

3. I don't think its more dangerous than the passing out we did from holding our breath as kids in school. I must have passed out at least 10 times in gym class and twice to scare my mom.... 

4. Well your friend obviously got high, maybe you just have a nasty high tolerance?

5. Probably. I smoked joints as many as 20 a day some days during summer. I did it for years. I graduated university high as a kite and I've been high for my first job interview, my first day on the job, the day I got fired and the day I started my own company :D I've been always high pretty much for 10 years. 

6. I'm reasonably high right now but not as much as I'd like due to not smoking anymore. Still the cano does the job alright. 

7. Well it's no wonder you don't get high, go take a t-break bro and then everything will be magical again when you start up again

8. Yea sounds like your tolerance is petty high. It'll definitely take a while probably longer than average for vaping to be as satisfying as smoking. Hang in there it'll be worth it

9. #29 Andy, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
    I've tried something new today. Half and half full easy valve with Sativa + Marlboro at level 7 on the 'cano (above you're releasing benzene) then run the bag through a small plastic bong I have to cool it as some people have advised on this forum. It's great. Much cooler and smoother. Thanks a lot for the advice. Still not a great big high but getting better. 

10. If anyone is out there wondering the same thing as me about the Volcano : it does truly get better. You have to earn & learn vaping apparently :D

11. Hilarious. I remember passing out a smacking my head on a bench and going to play dodgeball with a knot on my head the size of a golf ball.

12. You might just need to take a tbreak or somethin

13. Give it some time, it's a different high but stick with it and it will grow on you. Plus, it's just so much nicer than ripping bongs and having to deal with dirty water and nasty resin and shit. I used to rip my bong all day everyday for a loooong time even though I had an MFLB and a fixed-temp log vape since they didn't completely satisfy me. Then, after feeling like shit from smoking so much and just getting groggy towards the afternoon/evening, I decided to splurge and bought a Volcano classic. Haven't even THOUGHT of my bong since then, and just sold it last week hah. I really like the high and it keeps me satisfied, I've had smoker friends come over and after a few sessions they were convinced and are gonna buy one too.

Grind finely, put the mesh "liquid screen" in your bowl even for herb (retains heat better in the bowl, keeps the bottom screen clean and also enables you to use less herb if it's just a personal session) and wait 5-6 seconds and you will get thick bags with nice bud. If you want some next level shit, throw some crystals/kief in the volcano and cover it with some vaped herbs (so the crystals dont fly and stick to the top screen), that stuff gives CRAZY clouds in the 'Cano.

14. Well it's day 3 of my Tolerance break.... I've not smoked or eaten any THC in 3 days... I'm doing ok, I tough it would be harder after 10 years of constant smoking... I don't even want to smoke cigarettes (I also stopped that cold turkey after I got the Cano). 

It's pretty cool being drug free, I feel more aware and clear minded. I do miss the incredible heights of thinking you get when you smoke a big one but apart from that it's all positive. 

Honestly I'm amazed at how un-addicted I am after all that time smoking... 

15. Ok last day of my T break. Tomorrow is the big day... I've made some canabutter to keep me patient in the mean time. Tomorrow is the first day I get high without smoking hopefully :) 

If I don't get high after a week long T break it means vaping just isn't capable of getting me high, but I have good hope for tomorrow :D 

I'll let you all know. Thanks for all the help. 

16. #36 BoulderBlazer, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
    I've had a classic volcano vaporizer for a couple years now and some of the things that might help you get more bang for your bud are:

Start your vap temperature low (4-4.5) on classic volcano when you have a fresh bowl of greens, and run 1-2 bags at this temperature

You wont be able to see any vapor, but should get great taste from the bud.  Slowly raise the temperature by one number and run a bag or two with each temperature increase (depending on how full your bowl is(more bud = more bags).  I don't really like to go above 7.5 since it gets pretty harsh, but you can heat all the way up to a #9, which should definitely get you the stoned you are looking for.

Slowly raising the temperature of your volcano throughout your sesh should allow for Cannabinoids to be released from the bud at a more conservative rate, giving you more bags, but with less dense vapor.  

or

If your looking to get absolutely blasted, take a bowl of greens and wait for the volcano to heat up to #9 and the bags will be completely milked  :smoke:

Using tobacco will leave residue in the bags that will completely alter the taste of the bud   :cry:
    but keeping the bags, bowl, and valve clean in a volcano can make a night and day difference in vapor quality  :hello:

17. OK I've interrupted my Tolerance break today, I'll now give you my verdict: 

I did about half a gram with some tobacco, I also ate some space cake. Today was my 6th day of sobriety.

------
    (sorry Boulderblazer but I just believe the combination of THC and Nicotine is heavenly, thank you so much for your advice, I'll try it for sure as for the 4.5 idea).
    ------

Verdict: I got BLASTED. I had to stop after only 3 bags because I clocked my hearth rate at 130 I was DE-STROID. 

FINAL VERDIC on volcano: It works. I smoked every day for 10 years and a lot too. If you're in the same case and reading this, take a T break for a week. 

That being said, as you've read a thousand times if you're researching the subject online, the high is not pre se the same. It's missing something. Could be that the benzene and carbone monoxide actually makes you feel good when smoking, I don't understand how so because smoking a ciggarette doesn't make you feel particularly good on its own and it had both chemicals. Or it could be that some of the chemicals in the weed only come out above combustion point. It's missing 5% of the high, no more if you take a T break. But the thing is, it's the cherry on the cake that's missing in my view. It's not much but it's vital to the full experience. I'll keep smoking at a very very low rate (once or twice a year) and do vapo the rest of the time. I'm happy that way. 

This concludes my experimenting here. Thanks a lot you guys. 

18. To amend my previous post: 

The high is indeed "cleaner". It's just that sometimes dirty is nice..... But you can function and want to function much more. It might be worth getting used to this. 

19. Vaporizers are trash.

20. but keeping the bags, bowl, and valve clean in a volcano can make a night and day difference in vapor quality  :hello:

Ok, could you please describe what you do to keep it clean ?

Thank a lot !