Volcano Vaporizer NOT GETTING ME STONED AT ALL

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Andy, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Hello Forum,

I've only just signed on to your little online community but it seems to be anything but little :) I love the activity on these forums. 

I have a problem with the famous Volcano Vaporizer I've only just acquired this week (last Tuesday 16th of April 2013).  

I've acquired the volcano for health reasons ONLY, I already know I'm going to keep using it because it "works" to get me stoned and it's perfectly healthy if you stay under level 7 I've read. Furthermore if I got THC in my system, I don't need tobacco at all and therefore I can totally stop smoking with this thing. And it works, i'm now smoke free since Tuesday. 

BUT BUT BUT ..........

If I want to refer to the INTERNATIONAL highness scale such as the one I've posted below:

http://i.imgur.com/AKrdc.png

I like this scale because it was made by stoners and it's somewhat scientific. I've been at every level of this scale, except perhaps 11 and such.... 

But I've regularly reached 10 with good weed such as a strong indoor SATIVA 22% or 24% at 0.3g per joint. 

It's easy for me to get one of these "mind orgasms" as I like to call them, or "waves of euphoria" according to the chart and ride the "wave" for 5 minutes. I've learned to stay with it over time. 

With the volcano however, no matter how much I blaze, at levels from 4 to 9 (I have the classic one, I'm cheap that way). I never reach a level above high (let's say 4.5) on the stonner scale of Highness. 

I was told a few things:

- might be your lungs need to clear from the tars before you can get stoned vaping... Ok. I should be seeing an improvement since I started, I've been coughing up tars since I started and my lung capacity HAS improved (I suspect from the lack of smoke alone) but I still don't get stoned. 

- Increase the amount you vape, vape at a higher temp, etc.. I use some STONG sativa at 23% T at 0.4g per chamber and I let the air get hot before I start the bag for 10 sec... 

No matter how I vape, I can't get high... I've done 10 bags the other day, nothing. My volcano is at the right temp I used my damn laser termo to check it :D 

I can't believe it's this mild... I MUST be doing something wrong. Otherwise why would people rave about the high from the volcano ??

Please help me out here I'm desperate to get to the extreme end of the scale in a bag, not a joint :D 

Thanks forum! 

2. Could be the high air to vapor ratio that is present in ALL vapes that use a bag as a delivery system.    If you know of anyone who has a whip based vape like the Silver Surfer, or a direct draw vape like the LSV, give those a shot before trying to find the answer anywhere else.    Those vapes have a very low air to vapor ratio and provide a much thicker, denser hit.

3. Ok but the internet is full of reports of people saying it's the ULTIMATE HIGH... yadda yadda. Why did it never come up it's a meek and tidy high ?

4. You should of done a more in depth search and you would of found it.

5. #5 marsdude89, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    A: Load more weed into the chamber
    B: Crank the temperature
    C: Both A & B

My Volcano can get me a high comparable to a bong. Need to learn how to use it.

6. The ABC method - Ok but at 220C with a shitload of weed I might as well be smoking it in a bong and use less. 

7. I tried your method, It hurts my lungs so bad at that temp it's hard to do but I did get more stoned. Still, not above a 5 or 6 maybe. 

8. maybe taking to long to vape the bag. or starting your bowls at low temps then when you get to the high temps theres nothing left in the chamber. seems like having something to do with your trees or your tolerance or not knowing how to use it. every vaporizer is different. i use to use a dbv and had to spend a few hours learning how to use a volcano. finding the right temp and how much to put in the chamber. you can fill the volcano chamber. makes really dense vapor. seems you have a tolerance though. especially if you been vaping the same strain for awhile now sometimes the high can seem so light that its barely noticeable. have you tried smoking and forgetting vapes just to see if theres a difference? i have noticed after using a vape for several weeks without smoking that i get a tolerance for a specific method as well. after a few days of smoking you can switch back to vape and notice a huge difference. 

9. thanks but I want to stop smoking so any method that has to do with smoking I can't use... That being said, I now think that I just won't be able to reach the same peaks with a vape and that's fine. So long as I can get half baked and not smoke I'm good. 

I might go on a weed vacation for a week and see if it makes a difference. 

I have two more questions for volcano users out there:

1. If you've been using it for a long time, do you still cough up crap from your lungs (assuming you DONT also smoke)

2. How long does your high last ? The volcano high seems to be very short compared to the joint high. 

1: Absolutely nothing at all for me. There's just coughing from the occasional tickle I get when I inhale. Just a normal cough. That's it. 

2: When I vape 0.3 of a gram once my high lasts for around 2 hours. Remember though - that 0.3 can still be vaped more after you fill up the balloon the first time. You'll still get a decent second hit if you re-vape it. A lot of people think that you just vape the weed once, fill up the bag, and you've got it all in your system, but you do need to vape it a second time to get all that THC in you!

11. I have been up to a 9. But a 10 decribes an unmentionable hallucigen.

12. I just started vaping also and after smoking I was very disappointed at first. The high was definitely lacking something.. I decided to take a week off and I vaped for the first time last night.. Definitely worth it. Much more euphoric, sedative, stimulating etc.

13. As good as smoking tough ? After your vacation ?

14. I'll admit it wasn't what I expected like a week long tolerance break from smoking.

I've been vaping for about 4 weeks now and I feel like it's getting better and better and I'm enjoying it more. Give it time. Its saving me a ton off bud, it's healthier, and I have plenty of abv to make edibles.

15. That's encouraging. Today is the first day of my weed vacation... let's hope for the best :) 

16. #16 Selah Grey, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013
    I bought the Volcano Vaporizer about two years ago.

At first you definitely miss something, it's as if your high is not complete. That's the feeling you get from missing the by-products of combustion and a few cannabidoids that are released at higher temps. After a while you will experience a longer lasting more uplifting high. A major difference is that a vape-high will keep you functioning.

For the first couple of months, let's say 6 if you are a long time smoker, you will cough up a lot of nasty things ranging from lightbrown to grey/black phlegma. That's all the crap you ingested and accumulated over time :).

The hits will always be dry, after a while you will get used to it and it will be less harsh, you can always have a drink during your sessions. Some vapes offer additional water filtration in order to moisturize the vapor, this is not as easy with the Volcano.

As times passes you will enjoy this kind of high more and more, after you body stops craving nasty chemicals.

17. Hello Selah,

Thanks for taking some time to answer my questions ! 

I've started to feel better highs lately with the volcano. I also cough less and it's only been a week. I think I see what you mean. Possible my lungs have to clear out the tar for my blood/gaz exchange surface to be receptive to the THC and other vapor chemicals. 

In any case, I've done my own experimenting and I've stumbled onto something, apparently, the presence of tobacco was contributing to how good my highs were when smoking it. I've read about that over the web and it does seem that in smoking, tobacco increases dramatically the THC absorption rate in plasma due to slower burning of cigg. tobacco and higher temps. Unfortunately I can't find the link anymore.... 

I'm not surprised tough, in Europe, everyone mixes at least 30% tobacco in weed and sometimes up to 80%. 

So I've bought some Marlboro rolling tobacco and I've added it to the Vape and vaped it with some strong Sativa (I dislike indica) at 7 on the Volcano. The result as I've said was a better (from my perspective) high and longer lasting too (lasted 50 minutes instead of 10 before). 

I'm still smoke free since last Tuesday and that was the NUMBER ONE objective so I'm putting the cano in the WIN collumn so far. 

Thanks to all of you for your insights, please keep them coming :D 

18. I also see what you mean about "cleaner highs" I certainly feel better after smoking, less couch potato, more active and motivated.... I cleaned my whole flat the other day after a cano bag :D 

19. The scariest thing happened yesterday by the way... I was making increasing amounts of increasingly strong bags on the 'cano and I had a friend with me... I couldn't get high to save my life (the thing with the cano is that I can only get high once a day.... after no matter how freaking much I inhale I only get a slight headache) 

Him on the other end passed out and started convulsing on the ground like some dying fish !! I'd never seen anyone react like this to weed, the guy just basically collapsed and started trashing for like 10 seconds !  He's a heavy smoker like me... no idea why I can't get high and he gets so high he passes out.... 

20. Try to empty the bag as quickly as possible, take big hits from it and hold them then take another hit, ect.  If you empty the entire bag in a short time like that you should get stoned