Newly Discovered Gut Virus Lives In Half The Worlds Population

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Mantikore, Jul 27, 2014.

1. I hope you're not actually calling me a Derp. What I said was meant to be a joke.

2. It was in regard to the response, not calling you a derp.  If it was a joke I apologize, didn't come across that way to me.

3. Dont hate on mcdonalds. I eat there more then twice a day and i only weigh 140lb.

4. It was just what I was thinking bout cause I was reminded of a friend who was overweight and complained about being overweight, but would pretty much eat only fast food, mainly McDonald's.. but I'm like you. Fast food doesn't stick to me. When I was younger, one of my bright ideas was to eat only fast food for a month to try and gain some weight, but I was losing weight. I actually stopped a lil short of a month cause I ended up down almost 20 lbs.. Everyone responds to things differently.

5. This times 100

Saying "McDonald's is bad for you" is an unacceptable generalization

It would be more accurate to say "a large fry and 40 oz soda is bad"

It is in fact possible to eat McDonald's in healthy moderation (small enough ammounts to not adversely affect health)

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I disagree.  The foods are riddled with processed grains, hydrogenated/refined oils, polyunsaturated fats, preservatives and a bunch of other chemical fillers.  Not to mention the quality of meat is barely human grade.

Ingredients in the bread: Ingredients: Enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, high fructose corn syrup and/or sugar, yeast, soybean oil and/or canola oil, contains 2% or less of the following: salt, wheat gluten, calcium sulfate, calcium carbonate, ammonium sulfate, ammonium chloride, dough conditioners (may contain one or more of the following: sodium stearoyl lactylate, datem, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated monoglycerides, monocalcium phosphate, enzymes, guar gum, calcium peroxide), sorbic acid, calcium propionate and/or sodium propionate (preservatives), soy lecithin.

Ingredients in the ketchup: Ingredients: Tomato concentrate from red ripe tomatoes, distilled vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, salt, natural flavors (vegetable source)

Ingredients in their cheese: Ingredients: Milk, water, milkfat, cheese culture, sodium citrate, salt, citric acid, sorbic acid (preservative), sodium phosphate, color added, lactic acid, acetic acid, enzymes, soy lecithin (added for slice separation)

Eating it every once in a while might be ok for a healthy individual, but I would argue that the majority people are not healthy.  McDonald's food is toxic.

Eating McDonald's 200 times a day seems a lil excessive.. but I guess when you're 14,000 lbs, you got to eat a lot..

8. #28 yurigadaisukida, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    Alcohol is more toxic than McDonald's.

Would you argue that its impossible to moderate alcohol?

a single double cheeseburger each day wont have a negative affect on your body if you are eating healthy otherwise and working out. Those chemicals you listed aren't unique to McDonald's. People have been eating these foods for a long time and some still manage to be healthy. Americans are unhealthy because of a culture of excess, not because of any one chemical or food

You should be more worried about the coming epidemic of kidney failure due to caffeine addiction and energy drinks

9. I'm not sure what you mean by the bolded.  Alcohol is not required to sustain life, eating is.  At the same time, the only way to get drunk is by drinking alcohol, you can get nutrients through other means than McDonalds.

I'm more concerned with the low metabolic rate and poor thyroid function of the common American due to consuming excess PUFAs, hydrogenated oil and refined grains.  These are the underlying causes to a wide variety of diseases that plague our society today.

If you're not familiar with the work of Ray Peat I'd give it a look, he's a smart man. 

10. "This could be a key to personalized phage medicine," he said. "In individuals, we could isolate your particular strain of the virus, manipulate it to target harmful bacteria, then give it back to you."

The end is very fucking nigh....

Thanks to you who get the reference, those of you who don't, in "28 days later", when the main character wanders into the chapel, it's written in blood on the wall.

Just watch, somebody is gonna get overzealous, fuck it up, and we're all screwed. :laughing:

11. Have you considered that you may have ibs?

One version is known as crohns disease.

12. Well of coarse. You need nutrients and McDonald's isn't the best source.

In the example above I was not considering McDonald's a "food" I was considering it an "entertainment "? I guess.

No one eats McDonald's thinking they aare getting the nnutrients they need. They eat it because its tasty cheap and convenient.

Same reason you drink alcohol. For pleasure.

There is no reason enjoying a Burger is bad, unless you overendulge

13. For healthy individuals I agree.  The problem is most people have been eating unhealthy since they stopped sucking on mommies nipple.  If they were even lucky enough to do that.

14. I agree completely. I was just playing devils advocate on the idea that McDonald's is poison.

Most people in America have little self.control and are.lazy and.unhealthy

15. Mcdonalds needs to bring back bacon cheeseburgers on the value menu...