*Product Review* Simple Green Glass Cleaner

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by bluntbravo, Mar 17, 2010.

1. #1 bluntbravo, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010
    What up GC! As you guys know I recently picked up steal of a deal on a used RooR.DE Flame Polished tube w/ a buncha extras. The pieces were caked with resin and water lime, forcing me to go into a rigorous iso+salt shaking exercise. I got all of the bowls/tube/downstems clean but couldn't get my Billy Goat inline a/c fully cleaned up. And to make things even worse, I noticed that there was a speck of rice stuck underneath all the damn resin buildup in the Billy Goat a/c. I tried shaking iso+salt for over an hour but I had no success in getting this glass fully cleaned.

So one day I was surfing GC and ran across a thread promoting Simple Green as an alternative to G.O./420 Cleaner. I immediately went to Home Depot and picked up a gallon of this stuff for the same price as a wimpy little container of G.O.

Let me add: I was hesitant that this stuff was not working at first but letting it sit overnight and shaking rigorously after helps A LOT.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Olee schitt, that's a dirty A/C... right? Look at that nasty speck of resin'd rice stuck in there :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Simple Green - 1 gallon ~$10.50 @ Home Depot. I made a small hole for the exit of the green goodness. Remember to make a even smaller exhaust hole!

[​IMG]

I let it sit overnight for about 15 hours then refilled the A/C up with brand new Simple Green and rigorously shaked it for approximately 30 minutes.
    Afterward, I ran hot water through the ashcatcher and I guess the pressure of the water shooting into the ashcatcher made the rice shoot out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Am I happy with the results? Yeah man, i'm totally stoked about it... I'm gonna celebrate and smoke a 8th to the dome to resin this ashcatcher right back up!! :smoking::gc_rocks:

[​IMG]

This speck of rice is now history :D :wave:

2. Nice review. I used Simple Green MAX car wash formula.

The only thing I would add is: Be sure to rinse repeatedly before using the piece again.

Peace.

3. I'm going to buy the "extra strength" next time and see how much better that works. Hopefully it's not toxic though!

4. #4 TexRx, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010
    If it says `Simple Green` on its label, it's non~toxic.

Skip the anti~bacterial, flu virus killin`formula................use it in the bathroom, instead......LOL!

:hello:
    [bump]

5. awesome! glass is looking good! :smoking:

6. i have my bubbler chillin in some right now :D

7. I like those results.

the hard water stains are currently keeping my glass from looking its best.

+ rep:smoking:

8. I have always used simple green for my glass. The only thing I hate is the god awe full smell! No matter how much you rinse it or wash it with some kind of soap after it still has that smell, so now I only use it on my hard to clean pipes. Everything else gets iso and salt.

9. I only use simple green to clean out bongs that are stained because iso and salt will not get stains out but simple green will.

10. it smells a hell of a lot better than res'd out iso/salt! that stuff is straight up GNARLY!!

11. I hit it with the green stuff then a quick iso rinse to get the residual simple green out. A few quick dips in hot water and im all set to go :cool:

Cheers.

12. perfect.

i also hear that cascade with dawn is amazing too. use with distilled water
    (i have seen actual proof)