Are these lights any good?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by danisnow, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Hello everyone,
    Since 1.4.2024 cannabis is legal in germany including growing up to 3 plants per person for personal use, and obviously i'd like to grow my own rather than buying.
    I have a 75X50cm (29.5X19.6 inch) closet [​IMG] and i want to gorw 1-2 plants.
    I saw a few cheap LED growing lights for around 30 euros (32 dollars) and i would be happy to get your opinion if thoes lights will be sufficient for growing 2 plants in the space i have, and which one you think will do the best job.

LED Pflanzenlampe Vollspektrum, Flowerpot Lampe 256 LEDs(rot,blau,UV,IR,kaltweiß),
    256LEDs Pflanzenlampe LED Vollspektrum Pflanzenleuchte Hängend mit Aufhängehake
    25W LED Pflanzenlampe, Led Grow Lampe Full Spectrum Wachsen Licht Wachstumslampe
    256 LEDs Grow Light LED Pflanzenlampe 1000W Pflanzenlampe Led Vollspektrum
    Pflanzenlampe,60 LED Vollspektrum Grow Lampe Pflanzenlicht Pflanzenleuchte mit 3 Timer

Thank you in advance

2. The one that is equivalent to 1000 watts might be best here because it's probably 100 watts. I've actually used the multiple head type and they worked. You'll have to do some training to get the canopy level and I doubt the lower flowers would be much. I just did a grow with the newest 100 watt vivosun and the buds were smaller than with my main 250 watt. It's just something about those watts.

3. thanks for the answer
    if i use the multiple heads i could aim some of the heads to a lower area, do you think that could help with the lower flowers?
    if i coat the inside of the closet with aluminium foil, could that increase the light and spread it also to the lower parts of the plant?

4. If the walls are white you should be fine but some foil won't hurt. The lower buds are never as big as the main tops indoors with my experience I just remove everything that's not within 6 inches of the top a week or two before flower and as they stretch during flower you will have a foot of buds or maybe more depending on strain. Either way it will all smoke!

5. thanks,
    i think i saw a few guides/videos about that.
    bending the branches so they'll grow more horizontal and yield more buds.
    i read that cutting the plant (forgot the method name) is not recommended for beginers as it can harm the plant if not done correctly.
    the different techniques are shown here:

once i get the lights and start growing i'll learn more about it.

6. You'll be fine. Tie down your branches before you water and not after to avoid breaking stems and don't veg for too long otherwise your tops will be outside the area with most of the light. Just try and keep it level. Most likely you will be keeping that light under 12 inches. 20200628_193622.jpg

7. I would not recommend any of those lights. Id also suggest a oid starting your growlight search by browsing on amazon, check forums first and then look for a seller.