1200w Hollandstar cob X5

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Shitizen, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Amazon has a good sale on the X5 cob this weekend.. Is 1200w cob too much for a 40x40x tent ? Really interested in trying out a cob light

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. X5 COB 1500W LED Grow Light,Sunshine Full Spectrum Grow Light for Greenhouse and Indoor Plant Flowering Growing (White)

3. Thanks, I got the 1800w for 130 bucks. The CrxSunny. Looked up everything I could about the company and they have a good warranty and good parts. Their driver is their own design too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. @Shitizen So are these similar to the quantum boards I keep hearing so much about? Looking to switch over to LED but wondering what the best bang for my buck is. How would these compare to something like a California Light Works LED?

5. I've never used a cob led, I went from hps to led.. Was asking to get opinions on it myself.. But for 1500 watts it looks like a good deal

6. @Shitizen So are quantum boards the same as cob's?

7. No, I think quantum is just a company that sells do it yourself led components you mix and match to make your own boards.. Cob led means "chip on board" led..

8. QB's are the most efficient led out there now. 510 watts and produces like 1100PPF, that's unreal.

Im running timber cobs right now, love them. But the QB's are even more efficient than cobs.
    Mine draw 600watts each, at about 960 PPF.

9. If I could afford QBs and put them together I'd def get them but for those of us that arent rich, the chinese light quality now days is pretty damn good. Especially when you can get bridgelux and meanwell with warranties on a lot of them.

10. Remember, its not a 1500W light. It draws about 250w.
    It would be comparable too a 400w hps.

of coarse they don't give us driver info, or PPF specs. so its hard to say if it would even perform as good as a 400w hps.

Edit: my bad, they do give us PPF, around the 650 mark