Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

College Research Paper on Med. Marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by hockeyman07, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Howdy, I'm working on a research paper for my college course. Doing it proving that medical marijuana has benefits due to the 4 criteria:

Medical benefits (prevention of disease, stimulation growth of cells)(symptom relief)
    -Cancer/tumor growth prevention (list and talk about different cancers and treatement),
    -Benefit of chemical composition (thc-cbn-cnn, the natural plant, how marijuana can be altered to treat different diseases)
    *-Medical professionals and the public views on medical vs the federal governments.

Any helpful links, arguments, viewpoints I should take? :wave:

*I'm iffy on this last point but not sure what else I can talk about seperately from the other 4 points..?

2. Yeah true, I am not arguing for legalization just advocating that using bud for medical reasons has benefits.

3. #4 Hubert J. Farnsworth, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2011
    Not sure if you have or not but Id check the stickies, Granny's list has plenty of articles and the Properties of Cannabinoids is another good sticky. Could also look at the recent National Cancer Institute news.

I would also include a section presenting the negative side effects of pharmaceuticals that can "replace" cannabis as a medicine.

Ive written a couple papers on the subject so if you need any help shoot me a PM.

4. You really should look at my List! I've already done most of your research for you. Say, you wanted something comparing cannabis to other drugs as was suggested, you scroll down my list, and there's stuff like this-

How Cannabis Compares to other aging treatments (article - 2008)
    www.medical-marijuana-testimonials.org

Or for cancers- (these are brand new and important, and will be in the July update!)
    Spontaneous regression of septum pellucidum/forniceal pilocytic astrocytomas-possible role of Cannabis inhalation. (abst – 2011)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21336992

Cannabis Inhalation Associated With Spontaneous Tumor Regression (news - 2010)

http://blog.norml.org/2011/03/22/cannabis-inhalation-associated-with-spontaneous-tumor-regression-study-says/

It's all just links like that, but sorted by condition or chemical name, and put in chronological order. Super easy to use! And if you want just actual studies, they are all marked. If you just want the basic info, there's news articles on most of the studies! :D

If you like what you see here at GC, send me an email (bottom of my sig) and I'll send you the even bigger, updated List! And please, share my List with your fellow students! I'm sure they'd all LOVE a "free ride" on the researching end of doing their papers! ;) The more papers on MMJ the better! :yay:

Granny :wave:

5. Thanks granny!

I have already cited around 3 of your sources. I am working on my paragraph about the multiple diseases it aids in and as you know it is ENDLESS (as your sources indicate).

I don't know where to start or end but I guess thats better than not enough.

4 pages in...and i want to quit now :D

6. You should post a copy of the paper here, once finished. that'd be dope, literally :)

7. I will. Or attach it of some sort because it will be 8+ pages! :wave:

8. heres a great link for the medicinal purposes regarding cancer -http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cannabis/healthprofessional/page4
    Hope it helps and good luck :)